This job is currently Archived,
Circular economy and business models - Belgium
KU Leuven (company)
Posted on : 10 April 2017
- The postdoc is expected, among other things, to set up and analyze a large scale survey in Belgium to investigate consumers’ willingness to adopt more circular economy business models using choice modeling techniques.
- The research will be based on concrete case studies which will be studied together with the other researchers, and in close collaboration with the Flemish administration.
- You should have obtained a PhD in Economics, Business Engineering, Applied or Business Economics, Management or in (Bio)Engineering with a strong interest in economics.
- Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrable experience in using monetary valuation methods for environmental goods and services, in particular choice modeling techniques.
- You should show a strong interest in sustainability issues and global challenges like circular economy and climate change as well as policy design.
- But most importantly, you should share our enthusiasm for excellent academic scientific research.
- You have a strong interest in quantitative research methods (formal micro-economic modeling) and statistical techniques.
- Proficiency in English and good presentation skills are a prerequisite, knowledge of Dutch, both spoken and written, is considered a plus.
- Good project management, team spirit and soft skills are important for interaction with stakeholders of the project and other team members.
- As a postdoc we also expect that you engage in writing new project proposals in the field of circular economy.
- The contract is initially for one year, with extension possible for another 8 months (20 months in total).
- You will be hosted in the research department CEDON (Center for Economics and Corporate Sustainability) of the Faculty Economics and Business.
- We provide IT equipment and a budget for attending conferences.
- The indicative salary is about 4,000 Euros/month, before tax.