This job is currently Archived,
Chief Accountant Central Europe - United Kingdom
Posted on : 28 March 2017
- We put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with chronic disease.
- Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
- To strengthen our Finance Department, we are looking to fill the position of: Chief Accountant, Central Europe.
About the Role
- Our company has created a new team that is in charge of the accuracy and completeness of company’s European Financial Accounting, focusing mainly on general ledger accounting according to IFRS.
- You will be part of this newly created team to actively manage the accounting compliance obligations of our company.
- Within this role, you will be reporting to the EMEA Middle Office Lead and as team, you will take ownership of the accuracy of company’s financial reporting in co-operation with compliance specialist based in major locations of EU.
You will be responsible for:
- Accurate month end and year end group reporting in line with Group reporting requirements
- Ensuring that the books of all entities under your remit are in scope, accurate and complete, And financial statements are prepared on time and in accordance with IFRS and local GAAP and local compliance specialists as well as company’s compliance co-sourcing partner
- Working closely with company’s off shore resources and ensure appropriate review and approval of their work, that all reconciliations are complete and up to date and actions plans are drawn up and implemented to resolve issues
- Understanding the Balance Sheet accounts including fixed assets value and equity roll forward report, liaising with S2P and O2C streams within GBS
- Providing support to internal and external auditors and provide support during tax audits and ensuring performance and testing of internal controls as well as all master data related to affiliates in scope are is accurate
You should have:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree or equivalent in accounting, finance or economics as well as a relevant professional accountancy qualification such as Chartered Accountant or Certified Chartered Accountant or equivalent international qualification
- Relevant professional accounting experience, preferably in complex global, international companies
- German Accounting rules, VAT and CIT regulations knowledge as well as internal controls (Sox, COSO etc.). As well as SAP
- German language both written and spoken is a must
What We Offer
An opportunity to:
- Work in a challenging and highly international position located in our European hub.
- Use your analytical skills and understanding of financial statements and analysis within a demanding working environment in terms of work efficiency and quality
- Communicate, network and influence others within a multicultural environment, while being a team player with a sense for Joint Accountability
- Be solution driven, pro-active, self-motivated and take the initiative and co-operate with multiple stakeholders, experience cross functional projects with global impact
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company.
- We focus on discovering and developing innovative medicines and lateral solutions that can transform the everyday lives of people with severe diseases of the immune system – or the central nervous system.
- With more than 8500 people in approximately 40 countries, our company offers an exciting working environment where initiative can flourish and those with a ‘can-do’ attitude can thrive.
- Scientific excellence, innovation, co-creation, lateral thinking, reinventing the way we do things…these are some of the key competencies we are constantly developing, and looking for, at the company.
Job Segment: Accounting, Equity, ERP, SAP, Finance, Technology