The incumbent performs a variety of standard analyses on raw material, in-process, and finished product samples using chemical analysis techniques, according to compendia (i.e. USP, FCC, or AOAC) or company methodologies. Performs routine analyses of raw material and finished product samples as assigned, demonstrates proficiency in 5 – 10 separate Analytical Methods (AM’s). Analytical instrumentation used in this group is primarily NMR Fat Analyzer, Nitrogen Analyzer, NIR Spectroscopy, and HPLC (High Pressure Liquid Chromatography).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Preparation of analytical standards. Accurately identify, weigh, and dilute stock standard materials for calibration purposes
- Weighing of samples. Accurately identify and weigh sample materials for processing through analytical methods
- General sample manipulations, to include: quantitative sample dilution, addition of analytical reagents, processing of samples through incubators, shakers, centrifuges, evaporators, etc.
- Extraction of sample solutions, to include liquid-liquid and solid-phase techniques
- Quantitative transfer of sample extracts between vessels
- Instrument configuration and routine operation
- Preparation of general laboratory reagents (buffers, mobile phases, etc.)
- General cleaning of materials after analysis
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years experience in an analytical chemistry laboratory is preferred.
- Firm understanding of cGMP and Nutritional requirements preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; working knowledge of LIMS and SAP desired
- Willingness to participate in, contribute to and lead a high performance work team