This job is currently Archived,
Chemist I (QC Chemist) - United States
Posted on : 12 June 2017
What you'll be doing:
What you'll be doing:
- Work in a team based environment to perform routine Bio-Plex QC assays on raw materials, in process and final products.
- The Chemist I is expected to work in the lab 80% of their time with 20% desk work.
- Perform daily Bio-Plex QC testing on batches when following approved testing protocols, employing Good Laboratory Practices.
- Will conduct quality analysis on products then compare test results to specifications for batch disposition, and perform data entry of test results.
- Participate in the verification and validation of new process improvements.
- Assist area supervisor in evaluation and implementation of QC test procedures and departmental processes.
- Collaborate with co-workers to troubleshoot assays and instruments.
What you need for this role:
- BS/BA in Biology, Cell Biology, Micro Biology, Biochemistry or equivalent years of work experience in related field.
- 0-2 year experience in the application of laboratory techniques in a manufacturing QC environment.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of basic laboratory techniques and equipment.
- Able to follow detailed procedures and have good documentation skills.
- Ability to multitask and must have good time management skills to thrive in a fast pace work environment.
- High Level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment, make decision of a limited scope which is subject to review.
- Good organization, communication, multi-tasking and computer skills.
- Basic math skills in a science environment.
- Ability to lead small projects.
- Ability to lead basic troubleshooting.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more.
- Opportunities for growth and training.
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company.
- Great work environment.
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
- EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age