Chemist I (QC Chemist I) - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
What you'll be doing:
- This position will be under supervision of QC Supervisor in the PCR QC group.
- Work in a team based environment to perform routine QC assays and troubleshooting tests on raw materials, in-process and final products.
- Conduct QC testing on various Life Science products in accordance with written procedure and policies in areas including but not limited to: buffers, bulk, and packaged chemicals, PCR, qPCR and ddPCR reagents.
- Participate in the verification and validation of new process improvements.
- Perform data analysis, validate test data and perform data entry of test results.
- Assist area supervisor in evaluation and implementation of QC test procedures and departmental processes.
What you need for this role:
- BS/BA in Biology, Cell Biology, Micro Biology, Biochemistry or equivalent years of work experience in related field.
- 0-2 year experience in the application of laboratory techniques in a manufacturing QC environment
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of basic laboratory techniques and equipment.
- Able to follow detailed procedures and have good documentation skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, make decision of a limited scope which is subject to review.
- Good organization, communication, multi-tasking and computer skills.
- Basic math skills in a science environment.
- Ability to lead small projects.
- Ability to lead basic troubleshooting.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more.
- Opportunities for growth and training.
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company.
- Great work environment.
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.