This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 24 June 2017
- This position will be under the general supervision of Production supervisor, working in a team based environment to support day to day Large Scale Buffer, hemolysate (blood products) manufacturing activities such as, but not limited to, blending, in-line testing, conjugation, Purification, and lyophilization.
- The chemist is responsible for completing assigned process orders in timely manner with supporting proper documentation.
- Additionally, the position also requires keeping the inventory transactions up to date to help manage the team with correct inventory.
What you'll be doing:
- Prepare, analyze and conducts tests of large scale Buffer and hemolysate (Blood Products) of the highest quality standard according to specified approved procedures specifications and schedule.
- Calculates constituents to be added to a product; reviews and records baseline and in-process results.
- Maintains good laboratory procedures and practices.
- Strive to maintain compliance in Customer Service Level, Quality, Cost and Continuous Improvement.
- Perform inventory transactions in timely and accurate fashion.
- Write department SOPs, work instruction, deviation protocols, or out of tolerance report as necessary.
- Help to support NPD (New Product Development) builds.
- Assist the supervisor with continuous improvement projects.
- Support the team with presenting solutions for better efficiencies in manufacturing practices.
- Manufacture product in accordance with approved written procedures and policies. Analyze, comply, input and present technical data as required. Maintain good laboratory procedures and practices.
- Ensure all required pre-production duties are performed prior start of process (procedures, equipment, raw material inventory, equipment, etc.).
- Assist Manufacturing Engineering and R&D during product transfer, scale-up, purification, process optimization, technology transfer and process validation activities.
- Monitor manufacturing process, performing adjustments when required.
- Review and complete batch record.
- Perform daily Housekeeping, other related duties and assignments as required.
- Perform any updates to the approved procedures and propose improvements.
- Perform instrument maintenance and calibration as necessary (such as Centrifuge, Lyophilizer, pH meter, Flame photometer, Spectrophotometer, etc.)
- Standing for up to 6 hours per shift in cold room.
- May handle heavy equipment and lift and/or move raw materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
What you need for this role:
- BA/BS degree in Life Science or related discipline with 0-2 years of industry experience is required.
- Prior experience in large scale Bulk manufacturing, centrifugation and cartridge filtration.
- Experience in working in a regulated industry is a plus.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of basic laboratory techniques and equipment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skill.
- Able to work both independently and in team environment.
- Good statistic and data analysis skill is desirable.
- Previous experience with ELISA assay, Protein Assays.
- Experienced with ERP systems-- SAP or similar for managing the inventory is preferred.
- Must be self motivated and results oriented.
- Proficient with MS Office.
- A basic working knowledge of working with high pressure equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Basic math skills. Must be able to follow procedures and have good documentation skills.
- Use good manufacturing practices in a federally regulated environment.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
What s in it for you:
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more.
- Opportunities for growth and training.
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company.
- Great work environment.
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Hercules California United States
Find a Job Find Candidates