Chemical Process Operator I- Temp-Hire - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
- Reporting to the Production Manager, the Chemical Process Operator will have a cGMP mindset and serve to support our customers by providing the following expertise:
- Ability to calculate the quantities of raw materials (weight and volume) in order to correctly formulate polymerization reactions at the scale of 30L to 4000L, based on standardized production procedures.
- Operate production equipment and monitor process parameters including temperature, pressure, pH and agitation speed in order to produce buffers and media according to specification.
- Work with Management, R&D scientists and production teams when necessary to troubleshoot production issues, provide custom materials for customer evaluation and/or identify process improvement opportunities within the plant to improve efficiencies and/or processes.
- Required Experience
- Candidates should possess a two year AAS Degree in Process Technology (or equivalent) and a minimum of 1 year as a Chemical Process Operator in a relevant field. More than 3 years of experience as a Chemical Process Operator in a relevant field will be considered in lieu of the two year AAS Degree in Process Technology.
- The ability to be cross-trained to perform other jobs as needed.
- Ability to read instructions and interpret production formulas, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Complete production tasks, including workstation setup, calculation of raw material requirements, product formulation including pumping, mixing or blending of dry/liquid chemicals, monitoring of polymerization equipment, media sizing, etc, on time and according to the defined schedule.
- The ability to learn procedures related to safe handling of materials and maintaining an overall priority on safety within the production facility.
- Ability to work with chemicals, including organic and inorganic solvents, acids and bases and be qualified to wear a respirator or other PPE as required.
- Ability to lift up to 35lb and stand/work on feet for an extended period.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Excellent communication, including verbal and written skills
- Ability to operate a forklift (training can be provided).
- A working knowledge of SAP is preferred but not required
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Job Location
- Hercules, California, United States
- Ready Gels Production (10676)
- Position Type