This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 22 April 2017
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- We are currently recruiting for Chemical Engineers for our API Integrated Product Team (IPT) and Research & Development Departments for both 2 year and 1 year direct contracts.
- In this exciting and challenging role the successful candidate will provide technical support for production across various API facilities on site.
- These are exciting and challenging opportunities to work on multiple projects, ranging from manufacturing support activities, to late stage clinical product development and scale-up, new product introductions and technology transfers.
- You will work as part of the technical group along with a high performing team of engineers and chemists to develop a deep understanding of the processes, to optimise, troubleshoot and develop processes in line with the business strategy to ensure the highest quality of product is manufactured in the API facilities.
The role will involve:
- Direct ownership of manufacturing process equipment and supply product processes.
- Process and equipment optimization in order to sustain and improve product quality, yields and throughput.
- Making recommendations and implementing measures to improve production systems, equipment performance, yields and quality of product.
- Interfacing with new product development groups to integrate new products into the Ballydine facility either as new process development entities or as product transfer from another manufacturing facility. Supporting migration of process knowledge for product technical transfers from facility.
- Execution of process development on existing products or new late stage clinical products including scale up to plant equipment.
- Identifying continuous improvement activities and leading or participating in cross-functional teams to implement.
- Supporting activities in the areas of cost reduction, process efficiency and operational excellence.
- Providing on-the-floor technical support to the Production Team Leaders for process/equipment optimization and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for all process and cleaning recipe management and documentation preparations.
- Provide technical support to production and cleaning campaigns.
- Leading the facility preparations in support of cleaning and turnaround.
- Ensuring that all safety, quality and environmental compliance goals are achieved, including thoroughly investigating deviations and ensuring appropriate corrective actions are identified and implemented in full.
- We work in a dynamic team based environment where professional expertise and well developed interpersonal skills are essential.
We are inviting applications from candidates with the following skill set:
- An honours degree in Chemical Engineering or related discipline.
- Preferably 2 years experience in API production or related environment
- Excellent leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to motivate and coach others to achieve results.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and effectively manage time, meet deadlines and produce quality deliverables.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Decision making - analyses issues from different points of view, able to draw accurate conclusions from analyses to support decision making and make timely decisions.
- Openness to and ability to affect change.
- High personal integrity, credibility and energy.
- Ability to identify areas for improvement either in business systems or product development.
- Demonstrated ability to be self driven with respect to implementing identified improvement initiatives.
- Our employees are the key to our company s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Purchasing, Engineer, Product Development, Supply, Finance, Engineering, Research, Operations
Find a Job Find Candidates