Central Service Technician I - United States
Charles River (company)
The Central Services Technician is responsible for the overall sanitation of cages and related equipment, including cage wash rooms, feed and bedding rooms, hallways, loading docks and other specific areas. Responsible for receiving feed, bedding and other supplies. All specific duties are to be performed in accordance with all regulations pertaining to federal, state, local (Animal Welfare) laws and departmental SOPs pertaining to Good Laboratory Animal Practices.
- Removes dirty bedding and other items from shoe boxes
- Performs cage and other related equipment sanitation
- Flushes water cage manifolds
- Operates washers and ensures that cage washing and related equipment are in proper working order
- Performs daily start-up and shut down procedures of the cage washer
- Operates autoclave to sterilize or decontaminate caging equipment and other related equipment
- Transports caging and equipment between animal areas and cage wash rooms and vice versa
- Performs sanitation of cage wash rooms and other ancillary areas, such as hallways, feed, bedding and storage areas
- Organizes and manages documentation
- Removes trash and waste according to safety guidelines
- Read and understand all SOPs related to assigned duties
- Receives and stores animal feed, bedding and supplies; records and files the appropriate information
- Sanitize empty animal room(s) and labs
- Inspect enrichment devices, cages and other items
- Conducts and collects various aseptic sampling for the monitoring of water quality, sanitized animal racks and equipment.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
• Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
• Experience: Minimum of six months experience working in a laboratory animal facility performing cage wash duties or working with glassware cleaning or a commercial dishwashing operation.
• Certification/Licensure: None
Equal Employment Opportunity