Central Nervous System Specialty Representative - Canada
- Achieve territory sales objectives for all company promoted products
- Implement territory plan of action, including field call activities as established by the sales and marketing teams for each defined cycle
- Fully understand and promote company and partnered products, using sales cycle promotional material in a timely and professional manner
- Execute tailored call preparation and call review process (pre-call planning, setting SMART objectives, post-call analysis) with the goal of moving customers along the adoption ladder Business Planning (20%)
- In accordance with the sales function plan and the District Sales Manager, develop and revisit regularly a territory business plan to optimize growth opportunities and achieve sales
- Identify and implement key tactics to maximize territory selling efforts
- Manage field budget adequately to optimize reach and effective customer interaction of targeted customers
- Continuously gather insights in territory through interactions with customers and adapt tactics and drive growth
- Work with district and regional team members, including healthcare communication specialists and medical science liaison to offer tailored solutions in response to the health care professional’s needs and support territory growthHealthcare Communication and Education Activities (20%)
- Effectively implement needs-based, certified CHE programs and Other Learning Activities as per cycle plan of action and follow-up to optimize impact
- Work closely with Healthcare Communication Specialists to identify educational opportunities and develop advocacy in territory
- Ensure compliance with all educational activities implemented with customersAdministration and Corporate Compliance (5%)
- Update and maintain the key client target list by entering accurate prescribing information, mailing and contact addresses, call history, current call activity; and future call planning.
- Use the CRM (Customer Relations Management System) to ensure that field activities are captured and documented
- Timely use of the company’s expense reporting system in a timely manner
- Satisfy company processes and business needs in a cost efficient and timely manner.
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences or business administration
- A minimum of five (5) years of sales experience in the Canadian pharmaceutical industry and CNS experience
- Strong understanding of hospital business and influence mapping
- Proven track record of performance in specialty markets or account management
- Experience in promoting multiple products in specialty disease areas
- Bilingualism in English and French is essential
- Ease with the use of technology (ie: iPad, apps, etc.) including proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Accountability and results oriented
- Critical thinking and innovation
- Business acumen and analytical skills
- Adaptability – Flexibility
- Proven track record of performance
- Normal office conditions - No
- Evening/weekend commitments - Yes
- Travel commitments - Yes
- % travel required 10%-40%
- Our company is a global pharmaceutical company specialized in psychiatric and neurological disorders.
- For more than 70 years, we have been at the forefront of research within neuroscience.
- Our key areas of focus are depression, schizophrenia, Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease.
- An estimated 700 million people worldwide are living with psychiatric and neurological disorders and far too many suffer due to inadequate treatment, discrimination, a reduced number of working days, early retirement and other unnecessary consequences.
- Every day, we strive for improved treatment and a better life for people living with psychiatric and neurological disorders – we call this Progress in Mind.
- Our approximately 5,300 employees in 55 countries are engaged in the entire value chain throughout research, development, production, marketing and sales.
- Our pipeline consists of several late-stage development programmes and our products are available in more than 100 countries.