Cell Biology Scientist - Italy
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- We are currently seeking a Cell Biologist experienced in human induced pluripotent stem cells (hiPSC) to strengthen our cell-based assay development capabilities for our research and customer projects.
- The successful candidate should be familiar with general cell biology laboratory techniques and have direct working experience in handling h-iPSC and related tasks, including: somatic cell isolation, h-iPSC derivation, generation of differentiated cell types, disease modelling, genome editing and in vitro drug screening.
- Activity in the development and validation of miniaturised, functional cell-based assays for HTS using h-iPSC derived cells (such as neuronal cells and cardiomyocytes) will be the primary task of the successful candidate.
- A Ph.D. in Cell Biology/ Molecular Medicine/ Pharmacology is ideal.
- Reprogramming human somatic cell lines into induced pluripotent stem cells (h-iPSCs);
- Expanding h-iPSCs in culture and banking h-iPSCs for research use;
- Maintenance and scale up cultures for h-iPSCs and their differentiation toward different lineages, such as neuronal cells and cardiomyocytes;
- Development of disease modelling assays through assessment of physiologically relevant phenotypes;
- Setting up, maintaining, and efficiently operating cost effective laboratory operations;
- Preparation of cells to meet the demands of multiple projects;
- Familiarity with basic pharmacological concepts for receptors, ion channels and transporters.
The following skills would be advantageous:
- Genome editing of h-iPSC lines for mutation introduction and correction, KI, KO, reporter gene insertion;
- Development of cell based assays, for different targets and using different readout systems;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Use of GraphPad Prism;
- Familiarity with lab automation: plates and liquid-handling devices;
- Fluent/good spoken and written English;
- Ability to follow instruction closely, but also to work independently as required;
- Good team player;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with a sense of urgency.
Equal opportunity employer
Our company offers a stimulating work environment and a competitive salary.