Cell biologist / biochemist, Discovery Research Biology - Belgium
We are currently hiring a talented cell biologist and/or biochemist to join the Discovery Research CNS Biology group based in Belgium. The remits of the group include but are not limited to support our pre-clinical CNS projects
- by developing differentiating and disease relevant biochemical and cell based assays,
- by screening compounds and delivering high quality data in a timely fashion and
- by studying and understanding the mechanism of action of more advanced compounds in order to select only the best candidates to progress into the clinic.
- The ideal candidate will have acquired his/her PhD in the field(s) of biochemistry / in vitro pharmacology / cell biology
- and will have a proven track record of publications in peer reviewed, high quality science journals.
- She/He is able to set-up bespoke assays to probe drug target interactions (binding assays), signaling pathways, mode of actions of drugs and knows how to quantify and analyze relevant data and parameters using adequately described mathematical models (using Excel and/or Graphpad Prism).
- Expertise in receptor, ion channel, enzyme pharmacology or/and in cellular signaling pathways is essential.
- Knowledge in Neurosciences and basic molecular biology will be considered as additional assets.
Education & Soft skills
- PhD level, preferably with experience in a bio-pharmaceutical environment.
- The successful candidate is expected to be open minded, have excellent interpersonal relationships as the job requires many interactions with colleagues within and across departments and with external collaborators.
- Consequently, good communication is essential.
- The candidate will be fluent in English (spoken and written) as it is the official language used in meetings as well as for written reporting.
Job Segment: Neurology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Biologist, Healthcare, Science