Catering Specialist (casual hours) - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a clinical research company and is looking for a casual hours Catering Specialist to join our catering team.
- The Catering Specialist role involves assisting in the planning and preparation of meals in accordance with clinical trial menu conditions.
- They also serve meals to study participants as directed by the protocol menu and specifications sheet.
- Assist in the general day-to-day running of the kitchen in compliance with hygiene regulations, i.e. vegetable and meal preparation
- Serving of meals, ranging from breakfast to evening meals, to the study participants
- Maintenance of cleanliness throughout the kitchen and serving areas
- Receipt and storage of food supply deliveries
- Assist in obtaining additional ad hoc food supplies not covered by bulk orders
- Assist with preparation of refreshments and snacks for client visits and staff meetings
- Ordering, receiving, checking and storing deliveries
- Ensuring stock control and rotation, wastage control and utilization of leftovers
- Enter menus into Clinquick database system
Skills and education requirements:
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English
- Training or experience in a similar kitchen environment desirable eg.school, hospital
- Food hygiene qualification required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
- Enjoys teamwork
- Basic computer experience required
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Ability to work a flexible shift pattern that includes early mornings, evenings and weekends