This job is currently Archived,
Category Manager, Travel - Denmark
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 08 March 2017
What do we offer?
- Do you have experience with negotiating global contracts with indirect suppliers?
- Here is your chance to gain an international network and be our lead negotiator in a global organisation.
- You get to work across cultures and companies to influence our future sourcing strategy and take responsibility for the portfolio of indirect suppliers related to the travel area.
- This covers areas such as travel agency, airlines, hotels, conference and meetings.
- You will join the team Indirect Purchase, where we are currently 7 colleagues responsible for sourcing of indirect products and services.
- We are part of the Global Purchase function with headquarters in Switzerland and colleagues at various locations around Europe. In Indirect Purchase, you join an ambitious team, where your effort and ability to create results makes a difference and has a direct business impact. You refer to Purchase Manager, Indirect Purchase, Ninna Normand Helles.
- We are a team with ambitions to take Indirect Purchase to an even higher level.
- We strive to improve our processes, and we are proud of adding value to the business of our company by ensuring optimal prices and commercial terms.
- Everything we do is centred around partnerships and competitiveness, and we work closely together with internal stakeholders
What is the job about?
- As Indirect Category Manager, you are responsible for managing the sourcing process towards suppliers related to the travel area.
- You do so by optimizing the commercial terms and conditions with the suppliers and well as optimizing the portfolio of suppliers doing business with our company within this area.
- This includes being responsible for defining strategies for and ensuring strategic development.
- As Category Manager for travel, you need to work close together with the global travel department, as well as with local indirect purchasers and travel responsible at different company locations.
- It is your responsibility to ensure an optimal supplier portfolio for our company that suppliers are consolidated in a meaningful way across regions and opportunities to reduce cost for Our company are identified and carried out where feasible.
- Moreover, you identify main cost drivers and conduct relevant benchmarks, just as you analyse spending to identify savings potential and to consider and compare total cost scenarios.
- To succeed requires close co-operation with internal stakeholders, who, to a large extend, defines the requirements and demands and manages the global travel policy.
- It is therefore important for you to understanding the needs and requirements of our internal stakeholders, while you also have the courage, knowledge and foundation to challenge the stakeholders, concerning habits and existing solutions, to increase the overall benefit of our company.
- Your primary supplier portfolio will consist of suppliers providing various travel related services and offerings to our company, and you will act as a business partner for the global travel department. Dependent on the workload you may also take responsibility for indirect projects and negotiations within other areas of our business.
- It is important that you continuously follow the trends and market development within your area of responsibility to be able to consider relevant benchmarks, market trends and cost drivers. Also, you need to be able to challenge both internal stakeholders and suppliers and be ambitious when you negotiate.
What do you need to apply?
- You may have a relevant commercial master or bachelor degree combined with 3-5 years of experience as lead negotiator and solid experience within the travel area.
- You are a skilled and confident negotiator with experience from an international organisation, and have experience with managing in international supplier portfolio.
- You have experience – perhaps you are even an expert – within use of e-sourcing tools and understand how to balance the use of these with other means of communication.
- You aim at creating results and do not settle with least acceptable.
- It is important that you have experience with creating strategies within a certain sourcing area, are good at building and developing relations with stakeholders and that you dare to challenge previous beliefs and traditions, if it can lead to new and unexplored opportunities beneficial to our company.
- You speak and write English at professional negotiation level, and it is an advantage if you speak Danish.
- Your experience enables you to work independently as well as think analytically, and it gives you the confidence to negotiate at a strategic level while being diplomatic and constructive, yet firm. You are used to collaborating across functional and organisational levels, and you are able to prioritize during a busy day.
- Finally, you easily develop and maintain trustworthy relationships, and you remain structured with a focus on getting things done.