Category Manager Sales & Distributor Services - Switzerland, Belgium, United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The Category Manager will be responsible for approximately $50 million in spend for our Companies.
- This spend is medium to high complex in nature and requires a collaboration with key stakeholders within the business to execute.
- This individual will identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurement goals and strategy.
- Plan and direct the organization’s activities and deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, and service and compliance adherence.
- The Category Manager will provide Global and Regional Leadership for developing end-to-end category leadership such as category strategy development, maintaining key relationships within the business and managing key supplier relationships. The position must shape, connect and lead resources to deliver on key projects.
- Develop and drive the Procurement vision for, with and through the stakeholder community
- Interface directly with supplier leadership to assure alignment of company’s objectives are met, including quality, reliability, innovation and cost
- Develop deep supplier relationships with strategic suppliers to include data review and analysis, performance management and development and improvement of end to end value, and bring innovation to the business
- Collaborate with Regional Category and Business Engagement Leads to identify business demand requirements, perform strategic planning, and deliver annual value improvements
- Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments
- Build and maintain relationships throughout the company that results in dynamic interactive dialogue on a broad range of perspectives and information critical to the development of optimal approaches and solutions
- Develop the vision, strategy and implementation plan for a specific category or categories of spend that will effectively meet the long range requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value for our company.
- Identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurements goals and category strategies, based on deep subject matter expertise and an informal understanding of industry/market dynamics
- Escalate issues that may impact the Global Procurement organization.
- Required Minimum Education: Bachelors or equivalent
- Required Years of Related Experience: 6+ Years
- Experienced professional with business experience in multiple roles across a variety of functional specialties including general management, Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain or a Technical field with at least 3+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical, medical device or consumer products industries
- Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core Procurement areas of focus (Spend Management: Category Management and Supplier Management)
- Leadership, communication, influencing, collaboration and talent development skills are required
- Able to prioritize requests, and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary
- Ability to show judgment in developing new approaches and resolving issues
- Customer Orientation (building and maintaining strong relationships with companyManagement
- Project management skills
- Business Acumen
- Strong verbal and written communication skill
- Proven ability to continuously improve an organization
- Ability to influence and understand differing needs of stakeholders (e.g., businesses, Procurement LT, Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain)
- Proficiency with Excel, Power Point, and Tableau
- Strong level of skills in sales or distributor management
- Understanding and high proficiency of core Procurement capabilities (e.g., supplier management and performance, supply market analysis, Category Management, Procurement Excellence,
- Strong level of credibility with internal customers, and experience with supplier/external community
We are offering you a multifaceted challenge in a dynamic, international environment with attractive terms and an excellent infrastructure.