This job is currently Archived,
Category Manager Research Beerse Belgium,
Johnson & Johnson (company)
Posted on : 25 April 2017
Caring for the world, one person at a time ... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Janssen Pharmaceutica joined the Johnson & Johnson group in 1961. Today, Janssen Pharmaceutica is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world. Our research and development centre develops products for a wide range of disease areas, such as mental disorders, neurological problems, infectious diseases, immunological disorders, cancer, and cardiovascular and metabolic conditions.
Janssen Research & Development, a division of Janssen Pharmaceutica NV with location in Beerse, Belgium is engaged in the several stages of pharmaceutical research & development. In order to further support its early stage (discovery) external R&D activities and in particular collaborations with academic partners and engagements in Government funded Private Public Partnerships a position for a Category Manager Research (CM) is available.
The Category Manager will negotiate, contract and maintain relationships with academic partners in the exploratory research space and interact extensively with JRD internal business partners to meet JRD s needs, all in line with Johnson & Johnson (J&J) Credo, Purchasing Ethics and Healthcare Compliance Guidelines. Furthermore, the CM will act as primary point of contact in relation to procurement aspects of (European) Government funded projects such as projects funded by the Flemish Government, under the Innovative Medicine Initiative and Horizon 2020 consortium concepts.
The Category Manager Research will support research activities while driving the end to end negotiation and contracting process with mostly academic partners through negotiation of contract terms including on intellectual property and use rights and pricing. Furthermore, the CM will observe compliance to internal and external guidelines on Procurement Practices, and ethical requirements like Health Care Compliance, working with human tissue materials and data and working with laboratory animals. The CM will develop interdependent partnerships with other procurement categories as required. Together with the internal business partners, the CM will work with the internal business partners to identify, select and manage academic partners, and demonstrate value contribution through negotiated contractual terms, driving compliance, optimized cycle times and where possible, savings. He/she will work with J&J Legal as necessary to review contract terms and conditions and advise business partners in order to reach acceptable outcomes. Our new Category Manager will lead/conduct contract negotiations of terms and conditions of complex and potentially long-term agreements, and will escalate specific points of contention on legal and business issues to appropriate internal stakeholders including management. The CM will look for creative ways to avoid/solve problems in order to manage the supplier relationship and not compromise any on-going study or study-related activities.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in legal, life sciences or business is required
- An advanced degree such as JD (Master in Law), MBA or PhD is highly desirable.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in the pharmaceutical / biotech industry, or university technology transfer (legal) office is required.
- Demonstrated strong experience with negotiating contracts as a user or provider of outsourced research activities (preferably with academic institutes) is a must.
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical R&D processes is highly desirable.
- The successful candidate should be strongly pro-active and an excellent team player. The candidate must have the ability to deal with all levels of an organization, have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- The candidate must have demonstrated skills in developing strong business relationships with business partners and external partners and have a track record of interdependent partnerships with internal stakeholder groups.
- The candidate must be able to work effectively in a matrix environment while supporting specific teams and/or projects.
The position will be located in Beerse, Belgium. Travel of approximately 5 % is expected.
What s in it for you &?
Caring for the world, one person at a time &
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility. Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)
Find a Job Find Candidates