Category Manager, Direct Sourcing - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- We work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make a sustainable impact.
- We use science to advance industries and pave the way for a brighter future.
- Direct Sourcing is part of the Sourcing & Global Services organization, part of Corporate Functions.
- In Sourcing & Global Services, our value proposition is “we enable growth for our company.
- We enable growth via close collaboration with stakeholders in all the regions and throughout the supply chain and by balancing quality, cost and risk for the betterment of our company.
- Direct Sourcing at our company is a global organization responsible for all sourcing of raw materials within our company, with Sourcing colleagues located at our company key production sites in all regions of the world including EMEA, APAC, North America and South America.
Category Manager, Direct Sourcing
- As Category Manager for North America, you will work closely together with other Category Managers and take on responsibility for a large and divergent raw material portfolio for the production sites in North America.
- You will have strategic and commercial responsibility on strategic sourcing projects, in close collaboration with different stakeholders in the supply chain. In addition, your tasks will include: participation in global category strategy development; market analysis & supplier search and assessments; project portfolio pipeline planning; project management of strategic sourcing projects; proactively drive raw material substitution project portfolio development; negotiation and contracting; contract management of existing contract portfolio; raw material price forecasting; and supplier performance & supplier relations management.
You are a dynamic sourcing professional wanting to make a difference. Your competences include:
- A strong business acumen
- Good competences and experience within different phases of strategic sourcing
- Good cross functional project management skills
- You thrive in a fast-paced and multi-functional environment
- Relevant education at Master level within biotech/chemistry, economy or the like, combined with 2-5 years of work experience within strategic sourcing, preferably from industry relevant production companies
- Strong collaborative and communicative skills
- You thrive working globally – across various regions, cultures and functions
- Our company is the world leader in biological solutions.
- Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives.
- As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bio-innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future.