This job is currently Archived,
Case Manager - United States
Kite Pharma (company)
Posted on : 26 February 2017
- Our company is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to selectively target and kill cancer cells.
- Our core technology involves the genetic engineering of T cells, or white blood cells, to express either chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) or T cell receptors (TCRs) for the treatment of advanced solid and hematological malignancies.
- We are on a rapid growth trajectory and have a highly energized and accomplished team.
- The Case Manager is responsible for monitoring all activities and successfully facilitating a patient’s case from enrollment to the program through case completion while providing an exceptional customer experience throughout the entire process.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Manages patient cases from the beginning of the referral to final resolution including appeal approvals
- Leads coordination efforts between multiple parties including but not limited to patients, providers, physicians and their staff, treatment center billing departments, insurance companies, and patient assistance programs
- Reviews case upon receipt of referral to determine appropriate next steps based on defined process
- Contacts patients / caregivers to discuss copay assistance programs as needed
- Places follow up calls to patients / caregivers to retrieve program documentation including but not limited to patient authorization / consent form, obtaining missing information, and retrieving denial letters
- Constantly keeps physician and physician’s team updated on status of the case
- Ensures timelines and customer commitments are met
- Facilitates and manages coordination of the product and ancillary supplies needed for treatment, documenting and managing all communication during the process
- Minimizes obstacles to coverage by using judgment to successfully plan next steps
- Makes constant case assessments and makes informed, methodical decisions throughout a very complex process
- Assists customers to navigate healthcare insurance reimbursement issues through education, information, and exceptional communication
- Constantly updates the tracking system to ensure patient treatment is timely and hassle free for the patient and providers
- Coordinates with internal quality, supply chain and other internal teams to resolve issues
- Supports the Operations Program Manager on program initiatives and departmental goals
- Answers incoming hotline calls as needed
- Enters case data into the program system
- Responds to internal team member case-related questions
- Participates in daily informal check-in’s with team
- Attends weekly team meeting
- Responds to emails from internal and external customers that need to be addressed immediately by a case manager
- Fields customer complaints and responds in a timely manner
- Travels, attends, and presents at customer and patient meetings as requested
- Excellent leadership, oral communication, and customer service skills
- Effective case management skills
- Proven ability to think strategically and to prioritize
- Strong presentation skills
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Ability to work enthusiastically with others
- Self-confident and resourceful
- Exhibits initiative, flexibility, and dependability
- Quality work and attention to detail
- Humility and integrity
- Team player
- Business acumen / business savvy
- Three or more years of reimbursement / patient services experience preferably in a pharma / biotech or health services environment specializing in oncology
- Strong understanding of the healthcare insurance reimbursement market
- Previous experience working in a pharmaceutical patient assistance program preferred
- Undergraduate degree or Graduate degree preferred
- Nursing or social work education a plus although not required
- Our company is an equal opportunity employer.
- We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of the first 200 employees in this successful, fast growing company.
- A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation.