Case Manager - Mexico
The case manager of Alexion Pharma will handle and implement the strategies & activities to follow and support the patients and nurses in charge of patients.
This position will handle and execute all the activities that supports the PNH, aHUS, LAL-D and HPP patients well-being including access, educational programs, social activities which will end on the patients’ health and accomplishment of the company’s objectives.
- Develop educational programs for patients
- Develop training programs for nurses on the manipulation of Soliris, Kanuma and Strensiq.
- Work together with the patients associations to track the patient’s status and support the access to the therapy
- Contact the patients following the internal compliance policies as well as regulatory policies in Mexico
- Close follow up of the access status for each patient
- Facilitate and create strategic alliances that benefit the patients.
- Coordinate the first infusion of the patients together with Medical Affairs, institutions, treating physician and nurses.
- Collect the PV information
- Develop programs for patients training & education on their diseases
- Develop institutional patient support programs by TA
- Present reports as requested
- Responsible of information of patient status related to access and therapy compliance
- Guarantee the support of patient needs regarding training on the disease and patients well-being facilitating the contact with the patient association.
- Accomplish with all other activities that will be assigned by the country manager as needed to support the operation
- Must have a minimum of 4 - 5 years handling patients programs
- 3 years of industry experience desirable
- Experience on managing chronic therapies.
- Safety medical monitoring and reporting experience (required)
- Good interpersonal relationships
- Organization and self-management
- Customer oriented individual
- English is a strong plus
- Excellent knowledge of local and/or regional regulations and requirements for Pharmacovigilance
- Advanced degree, preferably in the health care sciences
- Strong knowledge of local pharmaceutical regulations and related ethic behaviors relating to regulatory, quality and PV activities
- Strong knowledge of regulatory inspections with the ability to effectively handle all situations that may occur and determine appropriate strategies and courses of action
- Solid background and experience in pharmaceutical quality system management (GxP)
- Strong project management, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Additional requirements as applicable based on local regulations
- MD / Nurse / social worker it is desirable
- Strong Peer relations
- Results oriented
- Customer focus, internal and external
- Learning experience
- Organization skills
Mexico City, Mexico
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare disorders. Alexion developed and commercializes Soliris® (eculizumab), the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), two life-threatening ultra-rare disorders. As the global leader in complement inhibition, Alexion is strengthening and broadening its portfolio of complement inhibitors, including evaluating potential indications for eculizumab in additional severe and ultra-rare disorders. Alexion’s metabolic franchise includes two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare disorders, Strensiq® (asfotase alfa) to treat patients with hypophosphatasia (HPP) and Kanuma™ (sebelipase alfa) to treat patients with lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D). In addition, Alexion is advancing the most robust rare disease pipeline in the biotech industry, with highly innovative product candidates in multiple therapeutic areas.