Calibration Technician (Temporary) - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children.
- These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
- Our company will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
This position will assist in the management of the off-site vendor calibration program.
This position is responsible for performing instrumentation activities with limited supervision including troubleshooting, calibration, installation, and repair in a cGMP regulated environment.
- Work on assignments that are complicated in nature with limited supervision
- Off-site Vendor Calibration Program: Contact vendors, collect, pack/unpack, and shipping/receiving of instruments.
- Review and approve instrument calibration records generated by the vendors.
- Preparing calibration certificates and data reports
- Initiate Out of Tolerance Reports.
- Support Sr. Metrology technicians with taking readings, set-up and preparation for calibrations.
- Perform unsupervised calibrations on small bench top equipment (i.e., timers, thermometers, pressure gauges, air samplers etc.)
- Work with Sr. Metrology Technicians with complex troubleshooting on instrumentation loops (i.e., various transmitters, PLC cards, sensing elements, and HMIs).
- Work with Sr. Metrology Technicians on calibration/installation of various types of industrial processing control instrumentation including but not limited to: conductivity, pH, DO2, pressure, flow (gas and liquid), and UV.
Other duties as requested by metrology management.
- Biotech or pharmaceutical: previous experience preferred.
- Instrumentation or Calibration: 1-2 years prior experience or completion of a 2 year technical program.
- Electro-mechanical background a plus
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings (P&ID’s) and specifications.
- Strong troubleshooting skills are a must.
- Completion of a 2 year technical program (instrumentation or industrial electronics) or an associate’s degree in a related science or engineering major is a plus. Previous experience in calibration/instrumentation position may be considered.
- Experience with PC programs such as Word, Excel, CMMS, or other database preferred.
- Familiarity with HART protocol, DMMs (FLUKE 744/754) a plus.