Calibration Technician (Temporary) - United States
- Our company is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children.
- These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
- Our company will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
- Work on assignments that are complicated in nature.
- Perform complex troubleshooting on instrumentation loops (i.e., various transmitters, PLC cards, sensing elements, and HMIs).
- Perform calibrations of various types of industrial processing control instrumentation including but not limited to: conductivity, pressure, flow, and temperature.
- Install and repair temperature, pressure, conductivity, flow, and process gas instrumentation.
- Initiate Out of Tolerance Reports
- Operate various types of manufacturing equipment according to procedure.
- Review and approve instrument calibration records generated by contractors and by peers within the department.
- Support Validation in executing OQ tests during the start up of new equipment.
- Perform shipping and return of Metrology standards and other instruments to off-site calibration vendors
- Other duties as requested by metrology management.
- This position requires significant interaction with other departments (employees and managers) for the scheduling of work activities both in the various laboratories and on equipment delivered to the calibration shop.
- This position requires interaction with outside contractors for scheduling work to be performed at the company facility.
- On an on-going basis this position interacts with outside vendors for scheduling and performing external calibration work.
- Interaction with Engineering and other department heads regarding new technology implementation in manufacturing and lab settings.
- Biotech or pharmaceutical: minimum 2 years.
- Instrumentation or Calibration: minimum 7 years.
- Electro-mechanical background a plus
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings (P&ID’s) and specifications.
- Strong troubleshooting skills are a must.
- Completion of a 2 year technical program (instrumentation or industrial electronics) or an associate’s degree in a related science or engineering major.
- Extensive OTJ experience in calibration/instrumentation position may be considered.
- Experience with PC programs such as Word, Excel, CMMS, or other database preferred.
- Familiarity with HART protocol, DMMs (FLUKE 744/754) a plus.