Cagewash Foreman II - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Provides daily direction and supervision to approximately four (4) Cagewash Technicians and three (3) Facility Support Specialists to maintain quality performance of departmental and client objectives, including meeting/exceeding departmental standards for cagewash facilities operation, facilities condition, sanitation levels and facility security. Coordinates personnel scheduling with business activities.
- Builds competence among employees through conducting appropriate training activities and through appropriate supervision related activities (e.g. recruitment, separation, performance appraisal, disciplinary actions, etc.). Participates in employee programs and activities.
- Conducts routine inspection of cagewash facilities, lab space where housekeeping duties are preformed, equipment and materials to determine the degree to which established levels of materials availability, animal facility support, sanitation levels, environmental parameters and security are being met/exceeded.
- Participates in the development and implementation of site-specific standard operating procedures (SOP's), in compliance with all state, federal and industry requirements. Oversees adherence to site SOP's and all required documentation related to department. Coordinates operations with the assistance of staff support departments and personnel.
- Supervises record maintenance. Generates and submits internal and external reports in the required formats and timeframes, including tunnel and rack washer operations and housekeeping sanitation records. Reports to management on operations-related issues.
- Coordinates preventive maintenance of all cagewash machinery, rodent racks, Biosafety Cabinets, caging equipment and materials; repair of same as necessary and general organization and up-keep of physical plant environment in areas of responsibility such as light logger readings and air directional reports.
- Participates as required in the development of projections for equipment, supplies and personnel needed to effectively operate the cagewash facilities in a manner consistent with all local, state and federal requirements.
- Actively interacts with customers as required to solve customer requests, inquiries, and complaints and to provide technical assistance.
- Transports equipment, supplies, and research animals in client provided van.
- Oversees the ordering, receipt, and storing of facility supplies, cage wash detergents, feed and bedding.
- Assists in animal receipt activities.
- Interacts daily with facility maintenance personnel to address any physical plant issues such as temperature and humidity levels in animal facilities. Must be available during off hours, weekends and holidays in emergency and planed situations.
- Creates daily vivarium reports and provides information for contract deliverables.
- Participates in client meetings on a regular basis to provide physical plant and other related updates.
- Oversees consistent practice of general company and safety policies and procedures and MSDS guidelines, including those related to biohazards and radioactive substances. Supervises in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Supports and affirms the company policy of Equal Opportunity through Affirmative Action.
- Maintains required attendance level and adherence to work schedule in accordance with required staffing levels to ensure that assigned duties are completed.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Experience: Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a laboratory animal facility AND minimum two years of supervisory experience in a comparable industrial, maintenance, or custodial environment required. Experience with maintenance and use of industrial machinery required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: AALAS certification at the Laboratory Animal Technician level (LAT) or higher required
Equal Employment Opportunity