- The Medical Systems Division represents our company’s largest business domain and is the global market and technology leader for medical endoscopes.
- Our company aims to continuously find better and more economical solutions to medical issues which improve the well-being of patients, enhance the working environment for doctors and nursing staff and help to develop the overall performance of health care providers.
As CAD Engineer you will conceive, design and develop medical devices through initial concept design, engineering analysis, prototyping, risk assessment and evaluation to realize the handheld electrosurgical instrument portfolio.
- Design, develop and prototype new products in accordance with company Product Development Process (PDP) requirements to meet functional, clinical, customer and manufacturing requirements.
- Production of 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD) & analysis data, detailed engineering drawings, detailed tolerance analyses and technical presentations of electro/mechanical designs to realize the conceptual design as a finished product design suitable for transfer to production
- The translation of concepts into virtual or physical prototypes to allow evaluation and/or testing.
- The industrial design of selected concepts to generate workable engineering solutions to address aesthetic, ergonomic, functional and in house and external manufacturing requirements Creation of formal Bill of materials and release through Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system
- Maintain a strong and current understanding of relevant new product development and manufacturing technologies and their application to medical device design to meet or exceed customer, company and project needs.
- Evaluate and document the feasibility, reliability and risk of concepts and / or prototypes
- Generate and review design history file documentation in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), Quality System Regulations (QSR), International Standards Organisation (ISO) and company PDP requirements
- Coordinate vendor activities
- Applying Design for Manufacture (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA) principles
- Provide supervision and training for users of the 3D prototyping & printing facility.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate Engineering discipline or equivalent
- Certified SolidWorks Expert (CSWE) or Professional (CSWP) qualification; highly desirable.
- Consistently hold people to account by making expectations explicit and regularly reviewing performance
- Motivate others through leading by example and creating an expectation that our colleagues do the same
- Provide both timely positive and negative feedback
- Understand our customers needs and deliver on our agreed commitments managing both risk and value to provide an optimum solution
- Communicate clear goals, objectives, consequences and timeframes for everyone
- Develop right first time approach to everything
- Foster respect, openness, collaboration and trust
- Empower and equip our people to take responsibility