Buyer Specialist - Italy
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- We are seeking a Buyer Specialist for the company’s Purchasing Department.
- The successful candidate should possess a Master’s degree in Economics and Business or in a related degree, and will ideally have at least six years of work experience in a big-pharma and/or multinational setting. The candidate will report directly to the Managing Director.
- Coordinating the daily operations of purchasing functions;
- Respecting, monitoring, and implementing policies and procedures related to areas of responsibility;
- Ensuring that orders are placed and received in a timely manner and at the correct cost;
- Monitoring quotes, orders, and order confirmations;
- Assisting colleagues/teams with the resolution of purchase order discrepancies and, in particular, the scientific team and the Accounts Payable staff;
- Financial and product data in order to maximize performance generation and reduce company costs;
- Assisting Managers on specific projects and, in particular, on Master Agreements;
- Complying with safety policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, as well as participating in department safety activities;
- Performing other duties as directed or as necessary in order to ensure daily operations, data analysis, and savings;
- Processing and optimizing purchasing orders and check deliveries;
- Maintaining financial and purchasing files and records;
- Preparing monthly reports and reporting on variances.
- Proficiency with standard computer software packages, in particular with Excel, and ERP purchasing software
- An advanced level of written and spoken English