This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 04 April 2017
- The Material / OEM Planner Buyer is responsible for all activities related to the acquisition of materials in the assigned spend areas.
- This position is accountable for supplier performance and timely availability of materials and services at defined quality and cost levels.
- This position is responsible for accurate transaction entry and management in the source-to-pay (STP) system in compliance with defined policies and procedures including approval levels, GMP, regulatory and ISO guidelines.
- This position manages assigned workload in support of his / her performance objectives.
- The Material / OEM Planner Buyer conducts tactical procurement activities including, but not limited to order release, material inflow and inventory management activities for an assigned group of direct materials and it associated supply base within a team-based environment.
- Depending on the assignment, the Material / OEM Planner / Buyer s degree of planning and buying activity relative to each other may vary.
- Coordination or advisement of supply volumes used for production work order creation.
- Reviews MRP output for consistency with product build requirements, current inventory policies and contractual agreements.
- Creation or review of production work orders and generation of material orders for intercompany and external suppliers to support MRP output and plant purchase requisition requirements.
- Communication of order releases to suppliers.
- Acquisition and reporting of current material status to Production Control/Manufacturing Teams on an as needed basis.
- Keeping management informed of material issues and need date exceptions which may cause missed shipments.
- Dispositioning and/or ensuring return of defective material to suppliers.
- Managing the disposition of excess and obsolete raw materials per policy.
- Maintaining accurate system data to ensure supplier performance is correctly reflected in the system.
- Maintaining system master data that drives effective purchasing, such as lot sizes and minimum order quantities.
- Ensuring that purchasing master data and other data is up-to-date and correct in the system.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Initiating Engineering Change Requests and establishes effective dates.
- Developing Requests for Engineering Evaluation and Engineering Deviation Authorization documentation as required to achieve Materials and Quality objectives.
- Managing raw materials for GPDS new products once assigned on a Bill of Material.
- Investigating and recommending implementation of appropriate advanced materials strategies such as Point of Use, Kanban, VMI, etc.
- Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or a related discipline with at least 2 years experience in purchasing, production control, inventory control, and/or manufacturing/operations or a High School Diploma with at least 10 years related experience.
- APICS or ISM Certification is desirable.
- Working knowledge of MRP systems, inventory control, production scheduling, purchasing and capacity planning
- Experience using an ERP system. SAP experience is desirable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Excel and Word
- Demonstrated ability to follow established policies and procedures
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Effective analytical/problem solving skills
- Effective negotiating skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective organization and planning skills
- Experience in an ISO or GMP regulated industry
Find a Job Find Candidates