Buyer/Planner IV (Demand Planner IV) - United States
- We manage and optimize our inventory investment and cycle time to meet our customer’s expectations for product delivery.
- You will be responsible for all forecasting activities associated with assigned customers and products.
- You will create and maintain forecast models by incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, analysts and other sources. This function is the integration point into the sales and commercial organization .
- Manages and drives the regional S&OP demand planning process for assigned product families by reviewing historical sales trends and research demand drivers. Prepares forecast data, develops statistical forecast models and evaluates forecast results.
- Monitor and ensure the integrity and accuracy for relevant master data maintained in SAP to support the demand forecasting tool. Works with Supply Planners to identify items for SKU Optimizations Process.
- Develops accurate demand forecasts for designated product segment and works to minimize forecast variability.
- Review trends and key forecast changes to the demand forecast in the monthly demand review meetings to align the Commercial and Product Managers, Finance, Global and Regional Supply Planners, and Operations.
- Collaborates with Commercial and Product Managers to ensure that cross functional inputs are captured, assessed and incorporated into the demand forecast.
- Generate a rolling 24 month demand forecast evaluating results and adjusting statistical models.
- Review forecast for error metrics. Identify and implement actions to reduce forecast error and bias.
- May represent GSC Planning at Management meetings and report on historical sales data, trends and forecast changes
- Presents and reports on trends and key forecast changes to Commercial and Product Managers, Finance, Global and Regional Supply Planners and Operations Management in monthly Demand Review meetings.
- Develop, coach, and mentor less senior staff as required.
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
- Expert knowledge of demand planning systems – SAP APO (preferred), i2, JDA/Manugistics, Demantra,
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Expert analytical, numerical and problem solving skills
- Mastery in interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence others in matrixed organizations.
- Demonstrated thought leadership by independently developing and advocating a point of view.
- Cross-functional team leadership skills, including ability to identify and resolve issues/opportunities
- Results oriented self-starter with a strong sense of ownership
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative majors; Masters’ Degree preferred
- 5+ years’ progressive experience in a Demand Planning role