Buyer/Planner II - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
What you'll be doing:
- Review and maintain forecast for catalog items
- Identify and maintain mid and long term production plans that serve as the foundation for raw material, staffing/equipment, captital, outsourcing plans and schedules (MPS / MRP)
- Establishes and maintains production schedules as required by MRP / ERP system with input from prosecution, purchasing, quality control, and marketing; and by evaluating scheduling alternatives, determining the best course of action while updating the ERP system to reflect action.
- Maintains an optimal workflow for production facility through detailed scheduling, monitoring daily exceptions, analyzing data, and resolving routine and non-routine issues
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the short term schedule for production
- Communicates production schedule and priority with appropriate team members, reconciles scheduling conflict with production personnel, and redirects as appropriate.
- Analyzes inventory movement / trends for optimum utilization, identifies safety stocks, optimum batch size, process capacity & efficiency, analyzes and dispositions excess and obsolete materials
- Uses / develops reports and tools that could improve production workflow and plans / schedules
- Generates data or runs standard materials reports, summarizes and communicates conclusions generated from these reports, and recommends improvements.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 2-4 years experience or equivalent combination
- 2 or 4 year college degree preferred
- Experience working within an ERP system or Lean Manufacturing environment required
- SAP experience a plus
- APICS / CPIM certification a plus
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Windows Office environment required
- General Production Planning / Detailed scheduling application skills required
- Thorough understanding of bills of materials and labor routings required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical documents, instructions or reports
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
- Opportunities for growth and training
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company
- Great work environment
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
- To all recruitment agencies: Our company does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a company Staffing Representative.