What you’ll be doing:
- You will be a member of our company's New Production Introduction (NPI) Procurement team.
- The main emphasis of this position is to support new product launches.
- In this role you will serve as an active member of new product launch teams, place POs, monitor project activity, and manage SAP ERP data setup.
- You will purchase products for the engineering department as well as other direct and indirect inventory.
The NPI Buyer will also:
- Quote and buy quick turn prototype parts
- Partner with R&D, Engineering, Operations, Marketing and external suppliers to deliver new product introductions that are on-time and on-budget and that support the overall company objectives.
- Keep POs up to date and report any potential issues promptly.
- Assist in the transfer from NPI purchasing to production purchasing.
- Identify product cost improvement and quality improvement opportunities with third party suppliers
- Support continuous improvement to external suppliers
- Bachelor's degree required with an emphasis in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Science or Engineering
- 1+ years of related purchasing experience working in an ERP system, SAP preferred.
- Knowledge of procurement processes
- The ideal candidate will have experience with procurement activities, ERP and data analysis.
- Strong computer skills required with a high proficiently level in Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to conduct meetings with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work within a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks in a fast paced environment
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
- Opportunities for growth and training
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company
- Great work environment
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.