This job is currently Archived,
Buyer Planner - Ireland
Posted on : 10 July 2017
The Buyer Planner coordinates and expedites the flow of work and materials within or between Departments according to forecast and daily and weekly production schedules. Duties include reviewing forecast, distributing production work, and shipment schedules, conferring with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates, monitoring inventory levels, solving production problems, and purchasing key components.
Duties / Responsibilities
Ensure daily production requirements are achieved to meet customer expectation
- Assists with the monthly forecasting and S&OP processes.
- Plan and execute procurement of finished goods and raw materials from global contract manufacturers and suppliers.
- Proactively reports product and material availability issues; troubleshoot where necessary.
- Engage with order scheduling and production planning to ensure adherence to customer service levels.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of key KPI’s.
- Maintain purchase order status and shipment tracking information in legacy system
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Analyze and prepare documents needed for production.
- Data analysis and decision making to support raw material supply and finished goods demand.
- Interacts with shop floor management on a daily basis to resolve issues regarding manufacturing efficiencies or additional information as requested from Manufacturing, Customer Service and Finance.
- Complete special projects and assignments as requested.
- Understanding of ERP system and Microsoft Office products; strong computer skills.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with strict deadlines.
- Good customer service/phone skills and flexibility for handling a wide range of activities.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify solutions to problems.
- Demonstrate personal time management skills.
Education / Experience
- Comm., BBS or equivalent work experience required.
- Two years’ experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- MRP/ERP system experience is desirable.
- APICS Certification is a plus.
- Our company is the world’s leading medical device company specializing in the design, manufacture and commercialization of aerosol drug delivery systems.
- Founded in 1997, we have grown to become the global leader in high performance aerosol drug delivery, partnering our technology with the leading mechanical ventilation companies.
- Our company technology is used by millions of patients and caregivers in over 75 countries worldwide.
Some of the benefits our employees enjoy:
- VHI including Dental
- On-site Free Parking
- Paid Holidays
- Sports & Social Club
- Flexi- Start Time.