Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The business unit director (BUD) I&I Nordics will have full P&L responsibility for I&I business unit including neurology, gastroenterology and psoriasis/psoriatic arthritis in the defined Nordic geographic area of responsibility (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden). The individual will oversee and lead the development and execution of the I&I strategic business plan including the integrated marketing, sales, market access and medical affairs plans. As a member of the country leadership team, the individual is expected to operate in close coordination and collaboration with her/his peers at the local level as well as with partners in the international HQ and the corporate HQ.
- Build and execute the strategic launch plan for ozanimod in multiple sclerosis (neurology) and GED0301 in ulcerative colitis and Crohn s disease (Gastroenterology) and execute the strategic plan for apremilast (Otezla) in the defined geographic area of responsibility.
- Hire and lead (directly and indirectly) a high performing cross functional team, providing strong leadership to drive exceptional results. Implement high performance standards with clear accountabilities, ensure most efficient deployment of resources and ultimately ensure solid succession plans in place for key roles within the I&I Business Unit.
- Drive the growth of the I&I business, establishing growth and profit expectation and ensuring effective financial planning. Responsible for managing full P&L for I&I in market and for allocating and managing the budget.
- Establish market sales and resource forecasts, initiate relevant market research projects to support the strategic brand planning process.
- Lead collaborative efforts with sales, marketing, market access, medical, regulatory affairs and other shared functions as relevant to develop strategies for in line products as well as future pipeline products
- Manage the critical linkage between late stage development, commercial planning, launch management, on-going sales support, and marketing. Utilise effective life cycle management, including further indications and brand protection strategies. Maximize the commercial potential of our assets through the development and implementation of strategic marketing plans in collaboration with regional / global marketing and our partners where relevant
- Partner with regional / global marketing and medical affairs on key projects, meetings and congresses
- Establish strong relationships with external bodies as relevant
- Foster an environment of strong collaboration across the local, regional and global organisation, ensuring a one Celgene approach and balancing the needs of the local I&I organization with those of the broader corporate objectives.
- Serve as point person responsible for managing and optimizing local partnerships and provide commercial input for business development opportunities
- Ensure that all business activities are in line with company policies and procedures
- BA/BS required; MBA/graduate degree strongly preferred
- A seasoned and well-rounded pharmaceutical executive with considerable experience in a variety of roles such as marketing, sales, medical affairs and market access of progressively greater scope and responsibility. The executive must have extensive commercial experience with I&I products. Experience in more than one or the combination of the 3 disease areas neurology, gastroenterology and psoriasis/psoriatic arthritis is an absolute added value. The individual should have significant experience of managing a business unit and / or country management experience
- Successful management experience with direct responsibility for a cross functional team and a demonstrated track record of delivering top line growth and bottom line performance.
- Ideally, experience in managing partnerships
- Proven command of classic marketing disciplines and techniques. Demonstrated success in commercial planning, launching products and product life cycle management
- Experience working in a highly matrixed environment
- Demonstrates ability to lead strategically and cross functionally to drive performance
- Experience in delivering complex messages to various internal and external customers with a track record of effective presentations
- Demonstrates initiative, creativity, strategic capabilities and ability to work effectively in complex, rapidly changing environments
- Proven team player with the ability to navigate cross functionally
- Develops strategies that support Celgene s vision, values and long-range business plans
- Communicates the company s vision and strategies in a way that builds the understanding and commitment of others, both internally and externally
- Responds resourcefully to changing business conditions and opportunities, proactively looking for ways the organisation can adapt its plans, tactics or strategies
- Pursues new initiatives and opportunities based on their fit with Celgene s broader strategies
- Builds a culture of energy and commitment that challenges people to excel
- Attracts and selects highly talented people, based on a clear understanding of the competencies required
- Anticipates future organisational needs when selecting and developing talent
- Supports direct reports in developing effective working relationships throughout the organisation
- Motivates and inspires direct reports to achieve goals; holds direct reports accountable for achieving goals
Find a Job Find Candidates