Business Unit Director Inflammatory & Immunology, Spain - Spain
SUPERVISOR: VP General Manager Spain & Portugal
DEPARTMENT: Inflammation and Immunology
- BA/BS required;
- MBA/graduate degree strongly preferred
- Significant experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry (Multinational)
- Fluent in English (oral and written) is required
- Business Unit/Country leadership experience is required, including broad multi-functional leadership responsibility
- Recent I&I in market experience
- Partnership management experience is preferred
The BUD I&I Spain will have full P&L responsibility for I&I in the defined geographic area of responsibility. The individual will oversee and lead the development and execution of the I&I strategic business plan including the integrated marketing, sales, market access and medical affairs plans. As a member of the country leadership team, the individual is expected to operate in close coordination and collaboration with her/his peers at the local level as well as with partners in the International HQ and the Corporate HQ.
- Build and execute the strategic launch plan for I&I products in the defined geographic area of responsibility
- Hire and lead (directly and indirectly) a high performing cross functional team, providing strong leadership to drive exceptional results. Implement high performance standards with clear accountabilities, ensure most efficient deployment of resources and ultimately ensure solid succession plans in place for key roles within the I&I Business Unit.
- Aggressively drive the growth of the I&I business, establishing growth and profit expectation and ensuring effective financial planning. Responsible for managing full P&L for I&I in market and for allocating and managing the budget
- Establish market sales and resource forecasts, initiate relevant market research projects to support the strategic brand planning process
- Lead collaborative efforts with Sales, Marketing, Market Access, Medical, Regulatory Affairs and other shared functions as relevant to develop strategies for in line products as well as future pipeline products
- Manage the critical linkage between late stage development, commercial planning, launch management, on-going sales support, and marketing. Utilize effective life cycle management, including further indications and brand protection strategies.Maximize the commercial potential of our assets through the development and implementation of strategic marketing plans in collaboration with Regional / Global Marketing and our partners where relevant.
- Partner with Regional / Global Marketing and Medical Affairs on key projects, meetings and congresses
- Establish strong relationships with external bodies as relevant.
- Foster an environment of strong collaboration across the local, regional and global organization, ensuring a ‘One company’ approach and balancing the needs of the local I&I organization with those of the broader corporate objectives.
- Serve as point person responsible for managing and optimizing local partnerships and provide commercial input for business development opportunities
- Ensure that all business activities are in line with company policies and procedures
Leadership Competencies Required:
- Demonstrates ability to lead strategically and cross functionally to drive performance
- Experience in delivering complex messages to various internal and external customers with a track record of effective presentations
- Demonstrates initiative, creativity, strategic capabilities and ability to work effectively in complex, rapidly changing environments
- Proven team player with the ability to navigate cross functionally
- Develops strategies that support the vision, values and long-range business plans
- Communicates the company’s vision and strategies in a way that builds the understanding and commitment of others, both internally and externally
- Responds resourcefully to changing business conditions and opportunities, proactively looking for ways the organization can adapt its plans, tactics or strategies
- Pursues new initiatives and opportunities based on their fit with broader strategies
- Builds a culture of energy and commitment that challenges people to excel
- Attracts and selects highly talented people, based on a clear understanding of the competencies required
- Anticipates future organizational needs when selecting and developing talent
- Supports direct reports in developing effective working relationships throughout the organization
- Motivates and inspires direct reports to achieve goals; holds direct reports accountable for achieving goals