Business Strategy Planning Lead - Vaccine Business Unit - United States
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Business Strategy Planning Lead (Associate Director / Director level) in our Cambridge, Massachusetts office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Business Planning Lead working on the Vaccine Business Unit Business Planning team, you will be empowered to make meaningful contributions and a typical day will include:
Manage the business strategy and planning process across the Global Vaccine Business Unit (GVBU), working closely with Head of Business Planning. This includes development and revisions of overall business strategy and mid-range plan (MRP) of GVBU. Support Head of Business Planning and GVBU functional heads, global vaccine program leaders/managers to communicate to Takeda corporate governance bodies as well as key Takeda corporate functions. In addition, maintain GVBU governance structure and policy to have alignment with Takeda-wide policy (T-MAP: Takeda Management Policy). Work closely with VBU function heads and/or global vaccine program team (GPT) to track and report progress against annual goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and establish/maintain relevant tools to support these operational activities.
Vaccine business strategy planning and management
- Lead GVBU’s business strategy planning by working with GVBU Executive Committee (EC) / Management Team (MT) members and GPT leaders
- Manage entire process to develop GVBU’s MRP by working with GVBU Executive Committee (EC) / Management Team (MT) members and GPT leaders
- Lead and manage to develop annual KPIs of GVBU’s MRP by working with GVBU Executive Committee (EC) / Management Team (MT) members and GPT leaders
- Track VBU KPIs progress and support the functions to achieve the KPIs
- Support goal-setting & cascade-down in GVBU (functions and GPTs) based on GVBU’s KPIs
- Work closely with other Business Planning members on portfolio management/vaccine GPT operational management for the execution of vaccine business and portfolio strategy
GVBU governance management
- Manage GVBU process to decision-making governance authorities in line with T-MAP
- Manage updating GVBU T-MAP according to Takeda corporate governance structure / T-MAP and GBVU business needs
- Work with counterparts in Takeda corporate or other divisions in Takeda to ensure that GVBU business planning and executions are fully coordinated and aligned with these divisions, with strong two-way communication and collaboration.
Other business roles
- Conduct headcount forecast analysis in GVBU along with MRP development process
- Work as secretary role for GVBU leadership meeting
- Work or support business task force activities in VBU as needed
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in science, engineering, business or a related field; Master’s Degree in science, engineering, business or a related field is preferred; advanced degree (Ph.D) in life science field is ideal.
- For Ph.D: Minimum of 6 years experience in the industries/consulting companies for biotech, pharmaceuticals or a related field is preferred with a minimum of 2 years experience leading cross-functional teams in a matrix environment.
- For Master’s Degree: Minimum of 8 years experience in the industries/consulting companies for biotech, pharmaceuticals or a related field is preferred with a minimum of 3 years experience leading cross-functional teams in a matrix environment.
- For Bachelor’s Degree:Minimum of 10 years of experience in the industries/consulting companies for biotech, pharmaceuticals or a related field is preferred with a minimum of 4 years experience leading cross-functional teams in a matrix environment.
- Experience in business strategic planning and analytics is ideal. MBA degree is also ideal.
- Experience in management consulting, business development or investment banking companies with a focus on healthcare is a plus.
- Experience in portfolio management is ideal.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Diplomacy Skills – strong skills in working with others, across all levels,functions, cultures, in a global environment; ability to speak multiple languages preferred (English communication skill is a must and Japanese communication skill is preferred).
- Proven leadership skills, conceptual thinking and strategic problem-solving ability.
- Proven ability to concisely communicate key information and collaborate effectively with senior management.
- Analytical Skills – ability to analyze a wide variety of data, including financial figures to make strategic decisions.
- Strong innovative/critical thinking skills.
- Communications Skills – excellent oral, written, and presentation communications skills needed.
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time while traveling.
- Approximately 10% travel to US domestic or international locations (e.g. Japan, Europe, or emerging countries) is required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.