Business Process Lead - Innovation to Commercialization - United States
- The Business Process Group is responsible for partnering with executive leadership to develop, prioritize, and execute initiatives that enhances top line growth and improves operational efficiencies.
- The team executes the initiatives by aligning and partnering with the key stakeholders across Business Units and Functions and utilizing management consulting frameworks, Six Sigma Operational Excellence methodologies, functional knowledge (e.g. commercial, finance, procurement, IT…etc), and project management skills.
- The team acts as change agents and transformation leaders who execute and deliver the committed corporate goals and results.
- The Business Process Lead is accountable for analyzing and maintaining business process and systems integration for processes across the enterprise.
- The Lead will play a critical role in the work of process, cross-functional and E2E (End to End) teams working with members of the Business Process Network.
- They will partner to plan, deliver, sustain and continuously improve integrated processes.
- Gathers requirements, defines and documents business processes/procedures using workflow modeling techniques and standardized documentation templates
- Partnering with cross-functional teams, execute plans to achieve objectives while assessing and mitigating risks and issues to ensure successful delivery of programs/projects
- Provide subject matter expertise and drive the design and application business process and system integration.
- Partner with the Business process network to help drive continuous process and system improvement, while maintaining and promoting process integration as well as identification and understanding of key areas of change impact. Support the change readiness to adopt process initiatives.
- Assist in the design, application, and use of the business processes and system integration
- Coordinates/facilitates/supports all aspects of project management in regards to key organizational, process and technology change projects to align systems and operations with business objectives.
- Identifies and monitors key measures to ensure project success and prepare management scorecards.
- Support the development of project charters, plans, and schedules; manages project budgets, communication plans, project review meetings, and deliverables; oversees training development and delivery, change management, and risk assessment.
- Support the development of presentations that deliver succinct/concise recommendations to management team and be able to provide rationale and justifications behind the recommendations
- Promote process optimization in processes and tools. Use Continuous Improvement capabilities (Six Sigma, Lean, MES, and validation tools coupled with ERP) Partner with Process Network to maintain and drive usage of:
- Process Mapping
- Modeling (As-Is /To-Be)
- Facilitate the standardization of best practices across the businesses using the Business Process Network (application of business process, master data, roles and responsibilities, and system use)
- Maintain effective support, integration, and communication with the Global Rollout teams, Business Process Network and BPM counterparts in all activities to ensure the integrity and consistency of the design and governance of the Business Process competencies
- May manage small sized projects or support multiple project teams and monitors key measure to ensure project success under the supervision of a business process manager
5+ years in healthcare related field (consumer healthcare, medical devices, pharmaceuticals) to include:
- Process Management knowledge and experience in one of more of the following integrated processes/ functional disciplines: R&D, Regulatory, Medical Affairs, Quality
- Demonstrated end-to-end business process thinking; knowledge of present or “as is” processes and ability to lead improvements that will constitute a desired “future state”
- Customer centric focus and global orientation
- Experience working within a complex virtual team environment and leading project activities
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Programs and VISIO
- Knowledge of Business Analysis
- Experience in projects accountable for leading change desired
- Knowledge of Lean Enterprise and Six Sigma/ Continuous improvement desired
- Knowledge of Project Management principles and methodology desired
- BS/BE degree required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence outcomes and gain team member and stakeholder buy in
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, verbal, listening and interpersonal skills