Business Practise Manager (P2) Job - South Africa
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Lead and Oversight of GHH implementation of the evolving MSD Compliance Program for South Africa in collaboration with the EEMEA Business Practice Manager Lead, the Country Compliance Committees and Regional International Legal & Compliance, including:
- Enhancing awareness on Compliance related MSD’s values and Standards and Compliance Policies, SOPs and Guidance;
- Taking a strong and active role in ensuring consistent and effective compliance standards across South Africa;
- Supporting the implementation and operation of tracking /monitoring systems (e.g. Pulse, ABC, Hiperos);
- Policies and procedures management:
- Creating a central repository of policies, guidance, SOPs and a process to maintain and update;
- Controlling employees training on local SOPs (including collection and archiving training confirmations);
- Controlling three-years local SOPs updates;
- Drafting and updating local SOPs where appointed as Owner.
- Administration of Country Compliance Committee: meetings scheduled; agenda preparation; pre-reading materials dissemination; minutes preparation and approval coordination; follow-up status.
- Coordinating local Certification processes for Compliance matters (e.g. International Congress Sponsorships, Data Privacy).
- Identifying trends and issues that represent significant risk to the Company and working with the Country Compliance Committees and other stakeholders to identify and implement remediation actions as required.
- Provide guidance to Business Stakeholders, including:
- Advise on Fair Market Value, meal spend caps;
- Provide guidance on ordinary course compliance questions;
- Oversight and Coordination of Grants and Donations; Patient Support/Customer Centricity/Pharmacy Programs;
- To represent GHH South Africa in the local Compliance Network and to cooperate closely with other Business Practice Stewards of other functions (i.e. MAH, our Research Laboratories).
- Develop and support regular self-audits of e.g. HCP interactions. Being the main Point of Contact for Self-Audit and Risk Assessment processes:
- Coordinating data collection;
- Supporting business on conducting the annual country risk assessments;
- Developing and implementing self-audit approaches;
- Supporting management to ensure that audit remediation actions are implemented timely.
- Oversight and coordination of relevant & changing pharma promotional codes.
- Coordinate and Contribute to the local PULSE review activities.
- Facilitating/supporting face-to-face compliance training to country employees, keeping a log of all compliance training provided.
- Integrity: Demonstrates behavior consistent with high integrity and strong values.
- Communications and Influence: Be able to influence all levels of management across diverse business areas and be an excellent communicator.
- Problem Solving: Be able to evaluate a wide variety of business activities and apply analytical and problem solving skills that enable the business consistent with policies and compliance requirements.
- Project Management: Excellent organizational and project management skills to manage and oversee the timely implementation of Compliance projects and activities.
- Executive presence: The ability to advise management on complex issues objectively and confidently.
- Creative thinking: The ability to provide fully compliant solutions to business needs as they arise.
- Matrix skills: The ability to work effectively in a matrix business structure (functional and business needs; local and regional projects)
- Regulatory and Legal Knowledge: In depth knowledge and comprehensive understanding of the core elements of an effective compliance program including relevant laws and regulations related to sales and marketing, in particular, relevant anti-corruption and anti-bribery laws is preferred.
Education & Experience
- Compliance, Finance, Legal or Audit background.
- 1-2yrs experience in any of the above fields
- Tertiary qualification in the above fields will be an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to lead project teams and manage project implementation.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to assess potential risks.
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills with cross-functional teams and leaders.
- Excellent listening skills and sound judgment.
- Prefer pharmaceutical industry experience or experience working in a highly regulated industry.
- Language – Must be fluent in English.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
MSD is committed to equality, employment equity, and diversity. In accordance with the employment equity plan of MSD and its employment equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited, to candidates from under-represented designated groups. MSD reserves the right not to make an appointment as advertised. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply for positions
Job: Business Ethics and Compliance Job Title:Spclst, Legal Support
Primary Location: EMEA-South Africa-Gauteng-Johannesburg
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Pharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical Sales, Law, Manager, Science, Sales, Research, Legal, Management