Business Planning & Analysis Manager - Ireland
- Our company is one of the world’s largest independent biotechnology companies, with global revenue in excess of $22 billion and over 19,000 employees globally.
- For more than 35 years, our company has pioneered biotechnology breakthroughs, to bring state-of-the-art medicines from laboratory to the patient.
- Our company has not only discovered and developed innovative human therapeutics, but has invested in cutting edge manufacturing capability and support services to deliver these exciting therapies to medical teams around the world.
- The BP&A Manager applies analytical skills and market insight to deliver performance analysis, forecasting, market research and competitive intelligence for a number of brands in the company portfolio.
- Their high-quality insights and robust recommendations drive key decisions in many areas of the Ireland affiliate.
- While the role reports to the Country Director, Ireland, the successful candidate will work across the portfolio in collaboration with cross functional brand teams and the leadership team. The role collaborates with the UK Business Planning and Analysis team and the European Headquarters in Switzerland.
- Deliver sales and market analysis that provides insight at national, regional and local levels
- Lead short- and long-range forecasting processes with assigned cross-functional brand teams
- Support market access team with Health Technology Assessment submissions and pricing business cases.
- Lead primary market research to deliver high-quality insights to brand teams; manage relationships with external vendors and ensure compliance with all internal & external compliance requirements
- Develop working knowledge of Customer Relationship Management system to help ensure relevant segmentation and prioritisation of customer base; use this knowledge to inform sales force sizing and territory design.
- Coordinate, interpret and communicate local Competitive Intelligence, and participate in European CI network
- Apply customer and market understanding to influence product strategy, in conjunction with local and European brand teams
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and interpretation to affiliate leadership, integrating all available internal and external (e.g. IMS) datasets to form a robust and independent judgement
- Actively participate in the affiliate and broader European BP&A team, helping develop and champion best-practice
Competitive salary & comprehensive benefits package including bonus scheme
- University degree in business or a STEM subject
- Demonstrated experience and strong technical aptitude for Market Analysis and Forecasting within the pharma industry
- Strong critical and strategic thinking skills to ensure robust analyses that integrate all available inputs, and which focus on business impact
- Demonstrated ability to express complex ideas and analyses in clear and compelling ways with multiple stakeholder groups
- Proven experience of effective collaboration in a team-based environment
- Outstanding use of Excel & PowerPoint
- Fluent English
- Experience in commissioning & managing market research projects with 3rd party agencies
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management development & implementation
- Knowledge of databases and OLAP applications (Cognos, Business Objects, Oracle etc.)