Business Intelligence Process Improvement Intern - United States
Charles River makes a difference in lives of both people and animals around the world. An internship/co-op experience in Information Technology with our company will not only provide you with the essential elements you need to begin to build a rewarding career, but will hopefully instill a sense of purpose and fulfillment inspiring continual growth and discovery.
At Charles River, we strive to provide all students with an educational and valuable learning and work experience, as well as a platform to insert their own innovations and creative thought processes. Our interns will complete various tasks and job responsibilities in correlation with specific department initiatives while engaging in collaborative efforts with our skilled team of professionals. We expect our interns to approach their time with us with a passion to strengthen and gain valuable skill sets, and to learn more about our company while striving to make a unique contribution.
Business Intelligence Process Improvement Intern, Location: US - Wilmington, MA
The Business Intelligence Process Improvement intern position will analyze various Charles River Labs business intelligence processes to identify areas in need of improvement, and will deploy efficient and systematic decision making procedures to optimize and automate these processes as well as innovate to create and deliver new business processes to the organization.
As an intern/co-op student, you will build a close professional relationship with your assigned CRL Co-op supervisor through weekly meetings, including but not limited to the discussion of progress, goals, and job tasks.
Short term projects will be designed to help better familiarize you with your new work environment and co-workers, while speaking to your specific interests, and helping to develop your skills. These quick tasks/challenges are meant to inspire ideas/spur new working relationships which can be directed towards job tasks and responsibilities.
You will also be assigned one long term project within the first couple of weeks of your internship/co-op experience. Though we encourage independence and innovation throughout the program, it is through these long term projects, due at the end of the internship/ co-op cycle, that students are truly given the opportunity to prove how they can make a difference within their field.
- Become proficient in Charles River Lab’s major business data domains
- Together with the Co-op department lead, determine strengths and weaknesses of business intelligence procedures, and identify a process optimization plan including automation of business processes.
- Utilize data modelling techniques to determine fit, gap and business opportunities.
- Review and formalize the findings with the Co-op lead and deliver optimized business processes to the organization.
- Present the findings at the end of the term to business and IT leadership.
- Degree in statistics, data science, machine learning, mathematics, or related field
- Experience with modern BI tools such as Power BI preferred
- Experience conducting data analysis using SQL, SAS, R, Hadoop, MapReduce or similar toolsets
- Knowledge with statistical research techniques, including modeling, data mining, clustering and segmentation
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Clear communicator, both on paper and face-to-face
- Self-motivated, with a strong sense of curiosity
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet