Business Intelligence Lead Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
We are looking for an experienced candidate to manage the Business Intelligence Team within the Global Supplier Management Organization. This exciting opportunity focuses on driving forward procurement insight through the use of analytics and master data. We need a passionate individual who has the ability to transform complex data sets into meaningful relationships. This individual will be an outside the box thinker who is a creative problem solver and strong influencer.
You will partake in implementing long term project work as well as ad-hoc reporting requests. Work is done in a collaborative team environment with internal stakeholders. We need a determined individual who has industry experience and is enthusiastic about managing a team of developers. In particular, some of the responsibilities of this individual may include:
- Analyzing source system data to understand the structure, definitions, and anomalies.
- Working alongside the Process Excellence, Diversity, and other Business Intelligence teams.
- Interpreting data sets, analyzing results, and drawing conclusions using statistical methodologies and mathematical formulas.
- Innovating creative solutions to new problems
- Developing and implementing methods of automation to collect and model large amounts of data.
- Filtering and ‘cleaning’ existing data.
- Finding external data sets that can be leveraged by the business to drive more meaningful decisions.
- Effectively establishing dashboards and KPI’s that help create actionable analytics for senior management.
- Maintaining the refreshes and ongoing future enhancements to procurement dashboards.
- Defining areas for improvement or optimizing an existing process.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following preferred fields:
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
- Engineering Disciplines
- Business Analytics
- Or a similar Bachelor’s Degree within a field demonstrating technical competencies.
Required Experience and Skills:
- At least 1 year of BI experience
- Experience leading teams
- Strong SQL skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge of visualization software(s): Spotfire, Tableau, QlikView, etc.
- Experience working with relational databases, Oracle a plus.
- End-to-end capable design expert that can perform all phases of the BI development lifecycle including gathering business requirements, designing and modeling schemas, development of visualizations, deployment, and support.
- Understanding of financial modules within ERP platforms e.g. SAP
- Knowledge of Linux bash shell and Java stack would be helpful.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Basic understanding of cash flow with respect to corporate purchasing.
- Ability to both think critically as well as communicate effectively with a global audience.
- Database design, development, and data mining
- Effective in report writing and presenting of findings
Note: Experience working with an Agile Methodology a plus.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Business Consulting
Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Business Consulting
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Whitehouse Station West
Other Locations: NA-US-PA-West Point, NA-US-PA-Upper Gwynedd, NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth, NA-US-NJ-Rahway
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segment: Business Intelligence, ERP, Consulting, Engineer, Database, Technology, Engineering