Business Insights Manager EMEA (pro-active assessment) - Belgium, France, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Germany
- We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
- Employees of our Family work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
- Our company is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world.
- Our research and development center develops products for a wide range of disease areas, such as mental disorders, neurological problems, infectious diseases, immunological disorders, cancer, and cardiovascular and metabolic conditions.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
- The Business Insights Manager (BIM) has a key role providing the Regional Commercial Strategy Lead (RCSL) and the Integrated Brand Value Team Lead (IBVTL) with actionable strategic recommendations, derived from integrating insights from market research, competitive intelligence, analytics, forecasting, CRM data, social media, and Real World Evidence.
- The BIM plays a pivotal role in developing TA networks at the Operating Company and Global level to facilitate the sharing of Insight and best practice.
- To serve the therapeutic areas and brands’ business imperatives in an integrated manner, the Business Insights Manager plans and coordinates the response to the key strategic questions for the brand/therapeutic area, by synergizing the skills and competencies of internal and external professionals in the fields of Market Research, Analytics, Forecasting, and Competitive Intelligence.
- Core member of IBVT: First point of contact for the IBVT for complex business issues; proactively identifies BI needs and plans provision of outputs across all BI activities (in collaboration with Business Analysis and Forecasting Managers and Market research Managers).
- Provides strategic recommendations to IBVTs and senior management based on consolidated and actionable BI insights.
- Acts as point person for CRM and Digital Strategy-related questions, raising the IBVT needs to the relevant Customer Interactions Excellence team members.
- Drives strategic decision-making through the provision, analysis and interpretation of information and metrics.
- Contributes to Brand Value Planning with integrated insights and implications.
- Provides expertise in those therapy areas of personal responsibility and introduces relevant BI methodology and tools based on BI knowledge and skills.
- Works closely with internal Market Research partners, and utilizes the most appropriate primary research methodologies and secondary sources to meet objectives.
- Works closely with preferred suppliers to monitor the competitive landscape.
- Works closely with the Business Analytics Manager to generate expert recommendations from the optimal deployment of Business Intelligence data, methods and tools, in the support of performance monitoring and forecasting,
- Leader in the Strategic Planning forecasting and process, together with cross-functional business partners, including IBVT and operating company teams.
- Personally accountable for selected projects in the areas of Market Research, Analytics, Forecasting.
- Innovates through introduction of new data (CRM, Digitial, RWE), methods and tools (competitive intelligence benchmarking, multi-source deep dives).
- Acts as an "Insight Integrator", collating and synthesizing insights from all channels to incorporate a 360o view of the internal and external environment and develop recommendations for business action.
Co-ordinator and Networker
- Champions the development of an integrated BI plan within the BI cell. Accountable for the delivery of the overall plan, continuously ensuring alignment and prioritization of BI objectives with business needs.
- Proposes budgets and projects to deliver the plan. Identifies and evaluate opportunities for cost savings. Secures resources.
- Connects with Customer Interactions Excellence team members and supports their initiatives by providing them with the brand’s specific point of view.
- Manages vendors for optimal service and added value.
- Proactively and continuously liaises with Global, EMEA, and in particular operating company BI colleagues to develop BI plan, leverage synergies / avoid duplication, and share / generate insights.
- Be compliant, and ensure suppliers also comply, in relation to all relevant codes of practice, guidelines and SOP.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in business intelligence in a healthcare company.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in a relevant discipline that should include some economic, mathematical or statistical element and business informatics.
- Solid understanding of the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry and changes in the business model (current trends and future outlook).
- Leadership skills in order to motivate influence and provide guidance to peers and seniors.
- Empowering people to act, enabling them to achieve their goals.
- Comprehensive understanding of the critical business questions and drivers of performance of the therapeutic area.
- Strategic thinker and positive challenger.
- Very strong analytical skills.
- Team builder.
- Knowledge and understanding of change management - driver of business and transformation.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with a demonstrable ability to present complex issues and findings to a wide audience base.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Awareness of and adherence to company values, SOPs, guidelines and policies.
- Significant personal experience and achievements in Market Research, Forecasting, and Analytics / Performance Reporting.
- We take your career seriously. As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
- Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
- Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.