Business Development Manager (USA) - Netherlands
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- We are looking for a commercial entrepreneur with a microbiology, food or meat science education with experience in the dairy, produce, M&P or seafood industries.
- The vacancy is a full time position for 40 hours per week.
- Managing company Food Safety USA and Animal Health USA, with a focus on value creation of sustainable business.
- Maintain and grow existing customer portfolio and develop new customers in North America for company Food Safety USA.
The tasks of the Business Development Manager will involve: Business development
- Help to build value propositions for Listex & Salmonelex including products coming out of the innovation pipeline, including regulatory approval, application and validation development;
- Run Lab and plant test at customers, design test protocols and do/instruct micro test
- Coordinate third party application research projects
- Initiate and manage relationships with universities, set up phage application research programs. Look for third party funding (pork board, USDA, Beef check off etc)
- Give technical support to business partners
- Give input on Market communication (web site, A&P) for Food Safety North America;.
- Give input for the innovation pipeline, channel customer insights to the innovation team
- Proven track record in business development/technical sales in a B2B Food safety or ingredient environment with at least 5 year experience
- Established network in both academia and R&D, Quality or food safety in medium and large food companies
- Experience in bio technology a plus
- Ability to translate technology into application
- Experience in working in an international setting
- Enthusiastic, pro-active, result oriented entrepreneur
- Self starter with a go-get and can-do mentality
- Good sense of humor, great listener, cooperative and ability to build bridges
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 60% of the time