This job is currently Archived,
Business Development Manager, Selector - Switzerland
Posted on : 08 March 2017
- We are looking for an experienced individual to achieve Business Development and Key Account management (f/m) objectives for the Selector Business Unit and to support our successful and expanding business during the next growth phase.
- This position is based in our headquarters and will have responsibility for specific geographical areas and/or specific accounts in Europe.
- This full-time position requires travel within Europe on a regular basis.
- Responsibilities for this position include identifying, qualifying, developing and securing new business relationships and managing interactions from initial contact through signed agreements in order to create market-driven solutions to generate new opportunities in strategic market segments.
- In addition, you will provide post-sales leadership to identify ways to solve our customer’s evolving scientific needs.
- Critical to your success will be the close relationship developed with the professional services and scientific consulting team to sell and implement strategic and tactical client plans, negotiate agreements to ensure success, and provide ongoing support.
- An ability to listen to customer’s business and scientific challenges and translate our company’s solutions to meet those needs in a compelling and cost-efficient way, such that the customer and our company are satisfied
- A strong scientific background in molecular biology, microbiology, plant physiology, biochemistry or bio-informatics
- Experience in genome analysis and omics technologies for strain, cell line development or breeding is a plus
- A high level of initiative, personal integrity, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Fundamental understanding of, and an existing network in, the biotechnology and life sciences market
- First-hand knowledge of the bioinformatics software market gained through sales, marketing, or business development activities in this field
- The desire and ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing (email, presentations, proposals, etc.) in German and English.
- Fluency in a third major European language is a plus
- Strong prioritization capabilities to determine the essential activities needed to meet goals and objectives and to successfully progress sales along the sales pipeline
- This interdisciplinary position provides an exciting opportunity to promote a fast-growing, cutting-edge research informatics system for the life science industry.
- It offers a high level of responsibility in a growing company, the potential to translate your business expertise into strategic collaborations that meet scientific challenges in a number of industries, and the opportunity to work as part of a strong international team.
- Our company is an exceptional company. With nearly two decades of success in research informatics using closely-knit teams of scientists, developers and business experts, our company has achieved steady and continuous growth since inception
- As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution.
- Our collective expertise in research informatics, combined with our open and scalable computational solutions, makes us the leading software provider in discovery informatics for biotech, pharmaceuticals, and related life sciences.