Business Development Manager, RMS - United States
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as clients’ primary point of contact on the West Coast, NA and as internal liaison for the organization’s services
- Coordinate clients’ needs, monitor trends, and manage clients’ expectations
- Visit customers frequently in order to have a full understanding of their needs and expectations and provide solutions
- Meet with key clients to assist sales managers and professional staff with maintaining relationships, negotiating and closing business
- Deliver product/services presentations to customers that support our Labs as a trusted adviser
- Prepare training materials and presentations for sales representatives
- Provide training on products to operational staff and internal customers
- Review market analyses to determine customer needs, develop pricing, and determine discount rates where applicable
- Understand the service offering of the competition
- Interface with Laboratory Services and GEMS to help identify gaps in achieving business goals based on scientific/technical literature
- Investigate market opportunities and effect on the market for present products
- Coordinate trend information with sales, marketing, customer service, finance and operations
- Gather and summarize historical product information in meaningful detail relating to projected and actual sales, dollars and production units
- Coordinate with Marketing for development of product literature, website, etc.
- Support tradeshow and advertising objectives
- Support selling situations by serving as the technical resource for customers and sales group
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
Position requires travel more than 50 percent of the time
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in life sciences or related discipline. MBA preferred.
- Five to six years related experience in pharmaceutical or CRO industry including study conduct, data handling, product management, program and resource management, team coordination, training or marketing of laboratory animals or laboratory products/services.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Proven customer relationship/management skills.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Effective communication and supervisory skills.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills and the proven ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
Equal Employment Opportunity