This job is currently Archived,
Business Development Manager - Belgium
Posted on : 13 May 2017
- Our company is an excellence-based research institute dedicated to high-impact life sciences research and world-class technology transfer.
- Our company's Scientists pursue basic molecular life-science research with a strong focus on translating scientific breakthroughs into novel technologies, new diagnostics, innovative medicines and improved crops and nutritional products, through close cooperation with industry.
- Our institute greatly values diverse standpoints and promotes an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected.
- Our company’s Tech Transfer team consists of IP, business development and new ventures professionals, supported by a highly skilled administrative and para-legal team.
- The tech transfer team is highly complementary and works closely together.
- To further strengthen and expand its activities, our company is seeking a business development manager.
We are looking for a motivated colleague, of proven maturity in professional environments and a strong scientific background in life science research, to help drive the academia-to-industry transition for our company innovations. Specifically, the tasks at hand are:
- Understanding scientific research data in discussions with the company principal investigators (PI’s), identifying opportunities for translational projects and business opportunities based on such research.
- Building business cases and marketing materials with the aim to partner with industry (R&D collaborations and/or licensing)
- Identifying industrial research partners and /or licensees based on our patent portfolio and research expertise
- Negotiating and drafting of research, license and related agreements
- Monitoring the correct implementation of concluded agreements & contract follow-up
- Close team-interaction with colleagues in IP management and/or Business Development and/or New Ventures to ensure an optimal valorisation route for each asset
- Developing and maintaining a network of international corporate contacts
- Liaise with the company PI's on tech transfer matters
- Ph.D. in life sciences and experience in life sciences research projects
- Dedicated to pro-actively translate basic science into industrial collaborations and licensing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; Dutch language proficiency is a plus
- Meticulous attention to detail, in particular with respect to written communication. In case of no experience in contract drafting, the ability and will to learn and master the use of legal language (English)
- Strong analytical skills
- Collaborative mindset
- Basic understanding of intellectual property and patents
- Experience in industry-setting, either biotech company or large corporate environment is a plus; people with (international) post-doctoral experience may also apply
- Experience in technology transfer, translational projects, business development or contract negotiations
- Background in structural biology and/or microbiology research is a plus.
- A professional and stimulating international working environment with committed peers
- An extensive network of (inter)national contacts
- Various opportunities to broaden your expertise and develop your career
- A competitive compensation package based on expertise and experience.