Business Development Director - New England United States,
recipharm is a leading cdmo (contract development and Manufacturing organization) in the Pharmaceutical Industry employing 5,500 employees with headquarters in sweden and over 20 facilities located in europe, the us and india.
we are seeking a Business Development Director to join us in our development Sales group. in this role you will be a part of a growing organization in north america, backed by one of the largest cdmo’s in the world and with the extensive offering of recipharm, be able to offer and sell to a wide range of customer profiles
in this position, your key responsibilities will be to:
- driving and coordinating Business Development (Sales) activities targeted to pharmaceutical & Biotechnology customers in and around the boston, ma region by identifying, qualifying, and progressing opportunities.
- developing short and long-term Sales and Marketing Strategy, and Sales Planning in and around the boston, ma territory.
- collaborating with Operations experts to consultatively drive business
- facilitating Business Development activities for recipharm development services
- maintaining knowledge of competitor intelligence in the market geographies
- actively and effectively cross-Selling all recipharm’s capabilities
additional requirements of the role include:
- maintaining in-depth knowledge of all recipharm services for appropriate cross-sell opportunities
- actively prospect and leverage potential new business opportunities within geographic region, and potential new and/or existing customers/accounts.
- cultivation of strong long-term relationships with key decision-makers and develop an excellent knowledge of customer organizations.
- actively network in the industry to establish relationships and to identify potential opportunities.
- continuously monitor status of leads and opportunities to ensure a pipeline of opportunities is maintained.
- analyzing potential opportunities and develop Sales strategies for each customer account.
- establishing recipharm brand recognition.
- working with global bd to develop winning opportunity strategies.
- coordinating with development and commercial sites to develop proposals.
- utilizing crm to establish reports and dashboards to analyze Business Development and Sales activities and track progress.
- communicating all account activity to senior leaders and/or appropriate individuals through the crm system and/or via e-mail.
- providing support standardized and creative proposals in response to customers' expressed needs. following up on proposals to customers. maintaining customer, proposal and contract database/tracking systems.
- developing relationships with both recipharm traditional customer base and non-traditional/new customers and markets
- working directly with Operations to help customers understand the technical aspect of recipharm capabilities and assist in closing business. maintain an advanced technical understanding of recipharm service offerings and provide "best practice" advice and solutions throughout Sales cycle.
- working across company's service lines to cross-promote and respond to rfps as well as develop internal relationships needed to create solutions designed using multiple services. facilitating marketing and strategic links amongst company business lines.
- supporting Sales and marketing services by attending, participating and speaking at trade shows and industry conferences
- bachelor's degree in the Pharmaceutical Sciences (Chemistry, Biology, etc.) or closely related field with a minimum of 3 years related experience, including 1 year or more of relevant industry (cdmo) Sales experience
- ability to travel up to 50%, to include occasional international travel
- proven track record at developing mid-level and high-level contacts
- solid understanding of the principles of Pharmaceutical Development
- demonstrated ability to work creatively and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities
- ability to influence others both internally and externally.
- ability to work independently and as a team player.
- ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers, and clients.
- strategic business awareness and Analytical Skills.
- excellent oral and written Communication Skills.
- excellent skills using Microsoft Office suite
recipharm is a leading cdmo (contract development and Manufacturing organisation) in the Pharmaceutical Industry employing some 5,000 employees. recipharm offers Manufacturing services of Pharmaceuticals in various dosage forms, production of Clinical Trial material and apis, and pharmaceutical Product Development. recipharm manufactures several hundred different products to customers ranging from big pharma to smaller Research- and development companies. recipharm’s turnover is approximately sek 5.3 billion and the company operates development and Manufacturing facilities in france, germany, india, israel, italy, portugal, spain, sweden, the uk and the us and is headquartered in stockholm, sweden. the recipharm b-share (reci b) is listed on nasdaq stockholm.
for more information on recipharm and our services, please visit www.recipharm.com
Find a Job Find Candidates