This job is currently Archived,
Business Developer - Market Access Medical Devices (80-100%) - Switzerland
Wyss Zurich (company)
Posted on : 13 July 2017
- The mission of our company is to drive the clinical translation and technology transfer of outstanding scientific discoveries into new therapies for patients and breakthrough innovations in the emerging fields of regenerative medicine and robotics, and to promote hybrid technologies in these fields.
- Our company brings together some of the world’s leading experts to form multidisciplinary teams, pooling their knowledge and expertise.
- As a dynamic start-up environment, our team is developing a platform technology for implantable medical devices aimed at preventing revision surgeries due to fibrotic tissue reaction to implants
- Our pre-clinical chronic study has proven excellent safety and tolerability of our devices, as well as a striking reduction of the fibrotic tissue formation in pacemakers and breast implants.
- Our product consists in an easy-to-handle membrane that surgeons can ergonomically place at the interface between implants and hosting tissue during surgery. We closely collaborate with the University Hospital towards first-in-man application and clinical investigation.
- Our goal is to obtain a CE mark certification by end 2018 and start commercialization in year 2019.
- We offer a personal and friendly entrepreneurial environment: dynamic team of four people, surrounded by other 8-10 similar startup projects.
- You will have the possibility to experience all aspects of medical device life cycle management and startup development.
- Your responsibilities will include the planning and execution of market access and go-to-market strategies, as well as business development activities at all levels; from identification of new clinical needs and customer-product fits, through the elaboration of business cases for new leads, to marketing strategy such as medical education programs, conferences and first-customers acquisition.
- You will also work in close connection with the startup core team in the management of relationships with key stakeholders, such as hospital procurements, KOL surgeons, and investors. Short-term traveling possible and to be expected on a regular basis.
- You are excited to work in a start-up environment as a flexible team-player with a “roll-up your sleeves” attitude and wish to work in the medical device field.
- You ideally hold an MD/MBA degree, else you possess a proven track-record of your understanding of the medical device ecosystem;
- you have 2+ years industry experience in business and marketing strategic planning. Direct experience in medical device sales is a plus.
- You are fluent in spoken and written English; accentless/mother tounge English, and other languages are a plus.
- You are outgoing and at ease outside your comfort zone. You enjoy pitching and public engagement.