Business Developer Bianomics (m/f) - Netherlands
Are you our new Business Developer?
- Our company is an accredited solution provider for DNA-based research, quality assurance and forensics.
- For all areas in which DNA plays a key role, our company has been offering services in the form of convenient and high-quality solutions for almost 25 years.
- Our company distinguishes itself by having a highly customer-oriented approach, working in close collaboration with customers and partners to develop solutions specifically matched to their needs.
- Over the last two decades we have built up considerable experience and expertise in microbial genome and transcriptome analysis and currently offer a comprehensive package of services to customers in this field.
- In 2017 we will launch a new business unit which will focus on microbial genomics research in the Food and Pharma markets.
- This business unit (Bianomics) will offer customers a unique combination of the innovative genomics technologies, bioinformatics and microbial genomics knowledge coupled with high levels of service and communication.
- The candidates tasks will include lead validation, market research and new customer acquisition.
- The role will require both national and international travel to meetings with customers and also attendance at relevant conferences and business events.
- You will work as part of a highly motivated team of account managers, business developers and scientists and be in constant contact with customers and external partners.
- You are responsible for the validation of leads and acquisition of new customer accounts in the Food ingredients and pharma market.
- Your responsibilities will include:
- Business development, market research and customer acquisition in the Food ingredients and pharma market.
- Business development and new customer acquisition both nationally and internationally as part of a business development team.
- Perform market research projects to determine market potential, trends and required new services.
We are looking for:
- A result-oriented, enthusiastic candidate with 3 – 5 year of experience in the bio science or biotechnology.
- Additionally we are looking for a candidate who has a commercial attitude with excellent communication and presentation skills, a strong network in the food ingredients, pharma and biotech market and a high level of energy and ambition.
- Specifically we are searching for a candidate with the following experience and characteristics:
- Educated to Masters degree level or higher, preferably in a bioscience, biotechnology or medical discipline.
- Experience in the bioscience or biotechnology market, and ideally with Microbiology and Next-Generation sequencing.
- A desire to progress and grow into a business developement role.
- The ability to work well both independently and within a team and be able to meet strict deadlines.
- Education: Academic (PhD) level
What we offer:
- A challenging full time position in a growing high-tech company, where the successful candidate will work in a highly motivated and ambitious team.
- Salary is dependent on candidates qualifications and experience.