This job is currently Archived,
Business Controller / Head Operations - Belgium
Posted on : 02 February 2017
Your Tasks :
- The Head Operations manages and leads the back office support functions such as
- a) Customer Service/
- b) Logistics/Warehouse
- c) Office management/Purchasing
- d) IT locally e) Quality Assurance / Regulatory Affairs
- The Head Operations ensures the smooth operation of the local sales organization.
- His/her team functions as the backbone for the Sales, Marketing and HR departments.
- The Head Operations is a part of the Lead Team, reports to the General Manager and in the matrix organization he/she has a functional dotted line to the Regional Finance Officer.
- He/She has a strong interface to the Head Logistics Europe and the Head Customer Service Europe, and where applicable as well to the IT department in HQ.
- On the top of the business support this role assures all country related finance processes, in particular Controlling related tasks. On an ongoing basis the Head Operations drives Operational Excellence (e.g. continuous improvements of backoffice processes).
Major accountabilities include:
- Securing a smooth and professional operation of customer service, logistics, quality assurance and regulatory affairs;
- Business Controlling for the country organizatiosn (topline Controlling and OPEX Controlling on Cost Center / Internal Order level);
- Managing the monthly transDomino Revenue and OPEX forecast;
- Driving the budget process in the countries;
- Driving Operational Excellence and other improvement initiatives
- Facility Management and general purchasing responsibility (incl. Fleet Management);
- Contact person for local internal and external audits;
- Assures establishment and execution of SAP key user roles (CRM, CO, SD, MM);
- Issuing VAT declarations;
- Projects (e.g. Office Move/Refurbishment, Hardware exchange);
- Secure reliable IT infrastructure supported by the headquarter in Basel;
- The Head Operations runs country specific business analysis requested ad-hoc by the General Manager/Head Sales, the Head Marketing or the Product Managers using our business intelligence tools (SAP BW, infor ALEA, SAP CO and FI);
- Close collaboration and coordination with CAS (A/P; A/R; General Ledger; Cash Management, etc.);
Education / Professional Experience:
- Qualified candidates must possess a degree in business administration with a major in Finance;
- At least three years of prior work experience in a leadership position running multi-functional teams and proven track record in Business Controlling;
- Good experience with Business Intelligence software and SAP CO; strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Infor Office plus (ALEA) is an asset;
- Experienced in project management
- Have good experience in similar work and are versed in Customer Service/ logistics/warehousing.
- You have good knowledge of Dutch and English in speech and writing.
Personal / Competencies:
- Ability to work in an international matrix environment, with strong support attitude for the country sales organization in the context of global standards and procedures;
- Enjoying investigating in business transactions with high motivation to improve performance and processes;
- Ability to work independently and under pressure; outgoing person fitting into the spirit of an international successful sales environment, but also able to build-up trustworthy relationship to the regional support functions as Finance, HR, SAP/IT or Operational Excellence;
- Accurate and reliable working style; excellent analytical skills; high self-motivation, straight-forward thinking and result-driven professional with a “can-do” attitude, willing to go “the extra mile”;
- Leading by example; Team player and Coach with open, positive mindset and respect for others, strong customer focus, ability to create opportunities and effective communicator