Business Analyst, Commercial Operations
The BA is responsible for coordinating and planning development timelines with the IS technical and developer teams in order to provide delivery dates to the business. Project plans must be established and communicated to all team members and the business. Depending upon the project, a project plan may need to be entered into ProjectManager.com and updated on a routine basis. All project plans require approval by a Project Leader that will be assigned.
Requirements Documentation & Change Management
The BA is responsible for all requirements documentation which will need to be developed in our IS eDoc document management system according to our PUMA methodology. The BA will develop all requirements in conjunction with the business needs and will facilitate meetings with our business users, IS technical and developer teams. In addition, the BA will need to prepare CMs and follow the formalized change management (CM) process in the TrackWise system. Change management is a formalized methodology that identifies documentation such as a change management request form, test scripts, design documentation and user requirements.
The BA will be responsible for testing initiatives, which includes development unit testing and system testing in multiple environments prior to the project being tested by the business. The BA will oversee business testing and will be the intermediary between the business and the IS technical and developer teams. The BA will be responsible for creating and documenting all test scripts and routing them for approval in our IS eDoc document management system.
The BA will oversee moving of the changes to the system successfully into production and will ensure all necessary documentation is approved and closed out in IS eDoc and the TrackWise system.
The person engaged on this project work must be familiar with, or have the capacity to become familiar with the client business areas which include Sales, Sales Force Activity, Marketing, Customer Account Management, eCommerce, Reporting and Analytics.
The resource must have the skills required to properly engage members of the client businesses, and IS team members as needed during the project lifecycle, throughout which they will serve as primary point of contact. This includes analysis and advising on the various recommendations and alternatives, through the construction, testing, deployment, and go-live support period for changes moved to production.
- 2-5 years' experience in pharmaceuticals and/or life sciences business models
- A thorough understanding, or ability to gain understanding, of the client's business models, especially the inbound and outbound contact center teams and their processes
- Good working knowledge of data warehousing, reporting tools, CRM systems, eCommerce & CTI systems
Business Analyst Experience:
- 2 – 5 years' experience with IS/IT related projects
- Familiar with traditional methods of requirements gathering, project monitoring, quality assurance, and quality control of project deliverables
- Will assist in partnering with and guiding users in formulating and clarifying problem issues and requirements
- Experience with agile/extreme/scrum project management methods is a plus
- Ability to apply requirements gathering techniques to complex computer systems and business needs
- Ability to prepare executable test scripts to validate project deliverables, based upon requirements
- Ability to prepare documentation for presenting changes to formal change management processes
- Ability to work independently and guide and direct the work of business analyst and developers under overall project objectives and requirements
- Ability to produce quality deliverables within a scheduled timeframe
- Experienced with the use of MS Office Suite and proficient with project management software
- Ability to quickly learn and adopt new technologies
- Understanding of software development and configuration standards and practices
- Previous experience with MicroStrategy, Altitude/CTI call center systems, SAP CRM 7.0 are a plus