Business Analyst - GDMS IT Account Management Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Global Data Management and Standards (GDMS) Information Technology (IT) Account Management group is a key technical team within Merck Research Laboratory’s (MRL) Global Development (GD) IT area. The group is responsible for maintaining relations with business partners and ensuring realization of technical business objectives that meet the needs of GDMS business units to support MRL’s goal of bringing successful compounds to market that bring benefits to patients worldwide.
The incumbent will be a business analyst within the GDMS account management team and tasked to collaborate with other areas of GD IT teams and their business partners, various vendors and other internal groups to help define, build and test technology systems as well as create and implement a longer term integration vision aligned with overall MRL IT strategy. The incumbent will focus on defining and implementing solutions across the GD landscape. The incumbent will also serve as a subject matter expert for existing systems.
Incumbent will collaborate closely with application development team, business units, validation and quality personnel to:
- Understand project scope, project goals, product functionality, and desired features.
- Evaluate customer needs/issues, analyze business processes, assist in evaluating alternatives, and determine appropriate solutions with IT staff.
- Help determine level of effort and time required for solution delivery
- Responsible for gathering, eliciting, documenting, and communicating business requirements in clear, detailed user stories
- Ensure that IT solutions are developed and implemented to satisfy business requirements
- Overall responsibility and accountability for user acceptance testing and system testing including script generation, requirements mapping, enabling execution
- Liaise between business application ownership and support teams
- Create documents and other artifacts to promote sustainable knowledge management within the organization
- Conduct research and proactively make recommendations to improve application delivery
- Write effective SQL queries to aid analysis and support activities
- BS in Management Information Systems or similar field
- 5+ years of experience in a highly regulated environment as a business or technical analyst
- Knowledge and experience with Global Data Management and Standards business processes and IT systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills balanced with a creative mindset
- Strong knowledge of business analysis, best practices and methodologies including the ability to perform requirements tracing and validations during testing
- Ability to effectively conduct requirements gather sessions with concise documentation
- Deep knowledge and experience in GCP, SDLC, CFR Part 11; full lifecycle application development
- Ability to take initiative and proactively offer suggestions and resolutions; highly motivated
- Strong communication skills to all levels of the organization
- Ability to participate effectively and lead cross-functional teams
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Business/Technical Analysis
Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Business/Tech. Analysis
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Rahway
Other Locations: NA-US-PA-Upper Gwynedd
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Business Analyst, Manager, Account Manager, Information Systems, Finance, Management, Sales, Technology, Research