Business Analyst, Clinical Supply Chain - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is looking for intelligent, creative and dedicated professionals to join our growing team.
- We are a company that values technical excellence, teamwork and a commitment to success.
- We employ cutting edge technology to provide our customers with industry leading solutions and are currently seeking to fill the position of Clinical Supply Business Analyst, to work at our client site.
- The primary role of the Clinical Supply Business Analyst is to support the execution of data preparation, and report development for global clinical supply teams.
- The Analyst must utilize a high level of expertise in business analysis to ensure detailed and accurate creation of global clinical supply metrics reports as well as to provide any noted insights/observed trends within the data that they are reporting on.
Provide overall support of supply chain applications and finished clinical trial supplies by:
- Preparing required business intelligence and metrics needs, including but not limited to scorecard submissions, vendor oversight reports, and monthly performance monitoring metrics/KPIs to measure.
- Refreshing and executing reports from defined PowerPivot models to support operational reporting needs for weekly, monthly or quarterly deliverables.
- Assembling content into slide decks to facilitate the delivery of metrics.
- Capturing and trending clinical supply logistics data. Making recommendations for process improvements based on trend data.
- Supporting ad hoc requests based on identified reporting needs. Working with business technology teams to evolve reporting.
- Providing internal/external customer support and interfacing with IT staff and vendors.
- Development of SQL queries to output defined data sets
- Merging and reviewing multiple data sets to identify deltas
- Reviewing data-set contents and verifying against source applications
- Verifying production scenarios
- Confirming/clarifying data scenario and report filtering/output
- Determining source Tables/Joins used to pull core data
- Development of new metric slides and applying updates to previous slide decks
- Data refresh/filtering output based on feedback from client
- Participating on project teams
- Leading small groups of resources
- Assembling business requirements and representing business needs
- Representing team in project specific meetings
- Facilitating goal setting and prioritization of work
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in MIS or Computer Science
Additional skill set
- Proficient with large data analytics tools (Crystal Reports, Spotfire) and techniques
- Able to translate need into action with speed and accuracy
- Experience with budget forecasting and financial modeling a plus
- Experience and working knowledge of Clinical Supply Systems including IRT a plus
- Oversight of external vendor connectivity and data transfers
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and multiple tasks, effectively prioritize responsibilities, and successfully meet deadlines
- Proven ability to negotiate and problem-solve
- Able to handle difficult and stressful situations with professionalism, initiative, logic and good judgment
- Excellent attention to detail and orientation toward meticulous work
- Demonstrated ability to apply process improvements and procedures
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong documentation and organizational skills
- Able to project and maintain a professional and positive attitude
- Ability to multi-task, manage personal time and manage multiple priorities
- Six Sigma certification a plus
- Advanced SQL and Business Objects
- 5+ years' experience with troubleshooting data results
- Advanced/Expert level Microsoft Excel skills including use of macros/advanced formulas
- Considerable knowledge of interdependencies of supply chain principles, practices and concepts and an understanding of the practices, concepts and operations in other relevant disciplines
- MS Office suite proficiency
- Advanced Microsoft SharePoint skills a plus
- Understanding of project management concepts
- Able to apply procedures across an extensive range of scenarios which will require strong problem solving and investigation skills
- Detailed understanding of the Pharmaceutical environment, especially as pertaining to Clinical Study management and related processes preferred
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements related to Clinical Study operations (including GCP, GMP, and GDP) preferred