This job is currently Archived,
Business Account Manager, Bio pharma R&D San Francisco United States,
Posted on : 25 June 2017
- The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying, qualifying, developing and closing new business relationships for the company Biologic and company Bio process enterprise solutions.
- This includes developing, recommending, and implementing strategic and tactical sales plans and negotiating client license and service agreements.
- This typically means a complex enterprise sales scenario, involving working with multiple influencers and decision makers from IT, science and business side.
- The position includes significant post sales and account management responsibilities and requires the development of relationships with biopharma key accounts.
- This position offers an exciting opportunity to support, shape, and grow a successful business unit at our company.
- It involves a high level of interactivity and responsibility in a growing company, and the opportunity to work as part of a strong interdisciplinary and international team.
- Drive business prospecting, negotiating, and closing deals from initial contact through signed agreements
- Work closely with the professional services & scientific consulting teams to sell and deploy enterprise software platforms and consulting services
- Develop and communicate project proposals and presentations
- Establish, grow, and maintain customer relationships
- The ideal candidate has a minimum of 5 years related business experience, with a proven track record in achieving and exceeding sales goals.
- The candidate is able to interact productively with scientists, managers, and IT experts both internally and externally.
- He/She has excellent written and verbal communication skills and is an experienced presenter. Fluency in English is required.
- Since our customers are mainly within biopharmaceutical R&D, a knowledge of the biopharmaceutical research and development process and ideally familiarity with biopharma R&D workflows, such as antibody discovery, protein engineering, cell line development, bioprocess development and CMC, biopharma production and analytics, and laboratory automation is an advantage.
Required Skills and Experience
- Scientific or technical background, together with a profound understanding of the biopharmaceutical R&D process
- Direct sales experience in pharmaceutical, biotech, or other life sciences sectors
- Experience in selling high-value software or IT-related solutions
- Excellent time management
- Ability to prioritize actions and goals and to successfully progress sales along the sales pipeline
- A high level of initiative, combined with interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to give effective presentations and work closely with customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Our company is an exceptional company. With two decades of success in research informatics due to closely-knit teams of scientists, developers and business experts, our company has achieved steady and continuous growth since inception.
- As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution.
- Our collective expertise in research informatics, combined with our open and scalable computational solutions, makes us the leading software provider in R&D informatics for biotech, pharmaceuticals, and related life sciences.
USA San Francisco
Find a Job Find Candidates